ATX Community

ATX Renewal Email

Yardley CPA

I understand the reasoning behind striking while the iron's hot but I still think these types of solicitations should wait until after April 15th.  Received the following today:

The finish line is in sight, and you’ve conquered another tax season with ATX! We hope that your year so far has been productive and profitable for both you and your business.

As we close in on April 18th, we’re excited to inform you that your early renewal offer is now available. It’s the best time to renew your ATX software for the 2017 filing season, simply call your Account Manager at
800-495-4626. This opportunity is set to expire on Tuesday, May 31st.

When you call, be sure to ask your Account Manager about how you can:

We look forward to speaking with you soon to discuss your needs for the upcoming year.

Best regards,

Your ATX Team

• Like 4

Yep, I agree.  I reamed NAEA for sending out their membership renewal email a few days ago.  What I wish, though, with the ATX renewal email is if they would just tell us the renewal $, instead of making us call the fricking reps!  And the renewal invoice is nowhere to be found in my online account.

Color me grumpy

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Yardley CPA said:

It's becoming car buying.  No need for it.  Stand by your product and provide the renewal amount in the email.   

It's like the special shoes that are so special, you gotta add em to the special cart to see the special price.  The very last thing any of us want today is a renewal notice from software.  Or any solicitation.  Ok, except cookies, cookie solicitations are ok.  Everybody else, get outta my life.  Also time to change my greeting:  "Hey, this is Rita.  Come pick up your #$%^."

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Yardley CPA said:

It's becoming car buying.  No need for it.  Stand by your product and provide the renewal amount in the email.   

I couldn't have said this any better. I for one am changing software programs this year. I know the Drake price but not the ATX price. What about the price to get me back to ATX? Wonder if there is any specials there? I used ATX when it was Saber Pro and NTS was the transmitter up until the CCH buy out and the old board snafu. There are better ways to get out business. Providing good support is just one. Hiding the price always tells me they don't want you to know the price for fear it would chase you away. So, they have a better chance of winning your business if they can at least get you on the phone and then the car buying starts.

• Like 4

I have rarely found myself on the phone with my rep the last few years.  Apparently, they quit or just don't give a damn about my piddly business. I think one did call me last year right before 5/31. After that, whenever I sent emails to her email address, I didn't hear a word. Technical support has been great, the few times that I have needed them. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Terry D said:

I couldn't have said this any better. I for one am changing software programs this year. I know the Drake price but not the ATX price. What about the price to get me back to ATX? Wonder if there is any specials there? I used ATX when it was Saber Pro and NTS was the transmitter up until the CCH buy out and the old board snafu. There are better ways to get out business. Providing good support is just one. Hiding the price always tells me they don't want you to know the price for fear it would chase you away. So, they have a better chance of winning your business if they can at least get you on the phone and then the car buying starts.

I have always heard that for some things, if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

• Like 3

I got my second renewal e-note from Drake today. I agree with all the above. They could at least wait until I have time to see straight.

BTW, it occurs to me that I spent twice as much time reading this one thread as it would have taken to read the renewal e-mail I'm griping about. :spaz:

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, JJStephens said:

BTW, it occurs to me that I spent twice as much time reading this one thread as it would have taken to read the renewal e-mail I'm griping about. :spaz:

This applies to so much of my life.  But it's not wasted time if you enjoy wasting it. 

And I don't know how smart it is sending an email when they KNOW we are not renewing before April 15, and it's going to get lost in the long line of emails.  Probably those sending them out are just doing a job and don't care if they get any results. 

• Like 5

Hey Rita. I agree completely. I enjoy the board and need a break every once in a while. Plus I think it is insensitive to send marketing mail this close to tax day. I just got a chuckle from the realization that as I was sitting there agreeing with what everyone was saying that I had spent twice as much time as that goofy email would have taken.

• Like 3

support was awesome - spent tons of time trying to fix my problem - even my salesman helped - still get the retyr error - now they think it is the firewall and shut that off - that it was avast shut that off first on the server - but still have issues... 

cannot handle the slowdown anymore