ATX Community

Nurse Meal Allowance?

Tax Prep by Deb

2 hours ago, RitaB said:

I actually meant tell me I'm not the only one who wakes up thinking about mistakes I made.  I don't drink wine at work, but I may start now.   LMAO.  And be sure to hide your wine glasses behind the printer. 

I should have clarified a little.  Since I start very early (sometimes before 6am), by 1pm it's like dinner time for me.  After that glass of wine and "Linner" I go back up to the office and make all my phone calls, no computer work.  It makes those calls a lot more pleasant.   You may want to try it someday.  I find it ups my patience tolerance and my hugging standard for those who deserve it. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ILLMAS said:

I am getting impatient here, when are we going to talk about beer for the non-wine drinking whipper snappers? :spaz:

Per our buddy Tom T Hall......

Whiskey's too rough.....Champagne cost too much....Vodka puts my mouth in gear.

This little refrain,    should help me explain,     as a matter of fact I like beer.

giphy.gif  Makes me feel mellow............

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ILLMAS said:

I am getting impatient here, when are we going to talk about beer for the non-wine drinking whipper snappers? :spaz:

Glad you mentioned this.  Tomorrow is a big day for all of us, about a month to go and how appropriate, St. Paddy's Day.  Corned beef and cabbage and a cold one.

IMHO I find Sam Adams to be the best beer in these parts.  In the northwest I always go for an Olympia on draft and a fresh Coors in Colorado, and there's nothing like a cold Schlitz in Milwaukee.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FDNY said:

Glad you mentioned this.  Tomorrow is a big day for all of us, about a month to go and how appropriate, St. Paddy's Day.  Corned beef and cabbage and a cold one.

IMHO I find Sam Adams to be the best beer in these parts.  In the northwest I always go for an Olympia on draft and a fresh Coors in Colorado, and there's nothing like a cold Schlitz in Milwaukee.

Schlitz or Hamm's beer, in the neighborhood I grew up in, every bar had a Schlitz or Hamm's sign, did I mention there were up to three or four bars in each block, I'm not kidding, they were everywhere even in front of schools and churches.

• Like 3

My sister's first word was "beer," because of that animated Hamm's beer commercial with the jingle about...In the land of sky blue waters.  Colorful, and we had a color TV by the time my younger sister was talking.  She'd watch the beavers or whatever wildlife singing and chime in on the last word -- beer.  It was a small house, so if parents were entertaining, playing cards with the neighbors, etc., and Jan piped up loudly with Beer, my mother got very embarrassed.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lion EA said:

My sister's first word was "beer," 

That's funny.  My wife still knows the Rheingold Beer jingle since she was a kid.  I just asked her to sing it for me.

Think of Rheingold whenever you buy beer.....It's not bitter, not sweet, it's the extra dry treat......Won't you try extra dry Rheingold beer....

Happy St Paddy's Day everyone.

• Like 3