ATX Community

Tax Star of the Week for 2/24 - 3/2/18

jklcpa

Here's part of my office. Like Abby, I work with my back to the desk and use it mostly for larger accounting projects, organizing records and meeting with clients. Not showing are the file cabinets that are off camera to the right, and the copy machine that is in the near left corner. Desk is mostly cleaned off because a client just left.  I also still have a calculator on my desk that I rarely use any more, and (gasp) I still have a rolodex too.  Do I win a prize for that?  20180305_164620.thumb.jpg.9438fa213cf853ed11dde2c0633b5f8f.jpg

• Like 3

I have two adding machines on another "desk"/old stereo equipment-room divider piece of furniture in my office and a Rolodex in the lower shelf of "my desk"/old computer hutch with the top removed.  And, piles everyplace and dust.  A client wants to stop by Tuesday to drop off but has questions, so I'll have to clear off some of the mess.

• Like 3

I had to re-size mine TWICE to get it under the limit.  I'll have to go delete some older stuff (in my copious free time).

Judy, I saw a little woof under your desk!

Abby, I am jealous of your THREE monitors - and very amused to see my desk picture on your right-most monitor.

My office is a disaster and a traffic hazard.  When I closed my Waltham office, some of the stuff that wasn't going to Arlington came back here.  That is mostly - but not completely - dealt with.  Then my church got 36 hours to clear out our office (lost the space, very suddenly) and ALL of that is in boxes and bags all over the floor.  My husband covered my conference table, and it gets worse from there.  I'm back to talking to people at my kitchen table...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Not my desk, my computer table. My desk is just a prop and a place to hide my snacks.

IMG_20180305_164958.jpg

Green with envy over the 3 screens.   I remember when you all were talking about two screens and I thought you all (or is that all y'all) were just spoiled.   Now I can't wait to get 3rd monitor.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 3

Is it the # of attachments that have filled that up close to maximum, or are you all running into a size limit per picture?  My picture above is 2.6MB.

I see the little woof made it into the picture. He isn't usually under my desk but always checks out every smelly step of a client's footsteps after they leave.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jklcpa said:

a size limit

overall, not picture or number.  I had so many items uploaded over the years that I was near my total limit.  I just deleted a slew of photos from my younger daughter's college graduation almost three years ago. I have all those and don't need to store them here too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not current but typical.  Three monitors.  Middle is data entry and right is government forms, both portrait so I don't have to scroll to see a whole page.  Left monitor has email on the right and Chrome tabs on the left, including ATX Community.

IMG_0343.JPG

• Like 3

This was NEVER typical.  I stayed up all night to get it this clean.  Then, a professional photographer had his stylist rearrange my office for a photo shoot for CCH's Partners quarterly magazine, so it looked even better!  Never has since 2011.

post-87-0-82001200-1368136000.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, jklcpa said:

Is it the # of attachments that have filled that up close to maximum, or are you all running into a size limit per picture?  My picture above is 2.6MB.

I see the little woof made it into the picture. He isn't usually under my desk but always checks out every smelly step of a client's footsteps after they leave.  

Apparently, the size limit is 9.7 MB and I ran out of space. I deleted all my larger pics that were at least a year old and now I'm down to 5% used. I'll just have to run my pics thru Irfanview to resize and save at 50% quality. That reduces several MB down to few hundred KB or less.

The gif guy must have to be constantly deleting.

Can you bump up the limit?

• Like 2