ATX Community

Welcome Back to the ATX Community Discussion Group!

Janitor Bob

KC- I was going to add to and echo your comments on the other[ahem - imitation board by cch] but figured why bother, for once i kept by sarcastic, obnoxious, opionated, egotistical opinions to myself. besides you said it well and it was nothing they didn't already know. i hope this board continues and thrives. [the only thing missing is a spell check]

i can't wait to see how they tout the rollout of the board in their renewal info in a few months.

The marketing side of me is guessing that the real reason for their reinstituting the board has everything to do with sales positioning and little or nothing to do with customer service. The probably learned that not having a Forum was a competitive disadvantage, so they restarted it in order to give their sales people a response when someone objects to buying the software because they no longer offer a forum. "Sure, we've got one. Whoever told you we don't have a Forum is mistaken."

Just catching up here a bit. I wanted to see KC's reply for myself. Would you believe it has been excised? Disappeared? Deleted? The funny thing is that there is another comment that references her reply and is not particularly flattering either. Wonder how long it will be left alone...

I don't know where you were looking, but I just went to the site and KC's comment is still there. It's under the thread welcome to the ATX Community.

So far it looks like they have left all posts alone, those favorable and not so favorable.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I only go there out of curiosity. Right now that board is extremely lonely. I remember when I first found this community and logged on the first time. There is just so many more of us here and extremely content, that I can't imagine myself ever going back. I feel perfectly at home right here!

Deb!

Just mindboggling how myopic CCH has been. They take away the old board to keep competitors from using negative comments. Then they bring it back behind a customer login. Sorry guys but that won't keep Intuit out. They probably purchase a copy of the software so they have their own customer IDs.

I would join their board if they purchased this board to replace theirs. I have not logged into ATX for anything this year and have no passwords to update. Ha! I am using their software and other than that I could care less about what CCH does just like they care less what I do. I no longer purchase their reference materials.

Old Jack, what reference materials do you use? Where do you order than from?

I just took a look at the "Other" board. KC's post IS still there. However, getting into that board was like trying to get into my locked car when the keys are hanging in the ignition. Had to go through the process of changing my password, etc, etc, etc....I guess I feel sorry for the moderator over there as she may not have a clue. On the other hand, KC expressed, very politely, what we all feel. Too Little, Too Late!

It's still there under Welcome to the ATX. I can't believe they have started a board now after what they did 10 days before the end of last season. I wonder if they're waiting for it to be unsuccessful so they can say " I told you so" and claim there was no interest in it and they were justified in discontinuing it.

Wendy F. Katz, EA