ATX Community

Official ATX Community Back

catax

I just received an email from ATX that the community bulletin board is now back up and running. I really can't beleive that they take the board offline for a year. I think it is almost a year to the day and now they are finally listening and are putting it back online. It is like rubbing salt in a wound at this point for me. Just makes me mad all over again. I had finally accepted the entire transition.

Wow, I had no idea you guys had created this, or I would have been on here a lot. I got the ATX email today, and went on their "new" board, and saw reference to this site. Damn I wish I'd known!! But of course, the way they cut us off last year, there was no time for any of us to exchange email addresses or anything.

Is JB here??? I often think about him, he was in a bad way when this time last year, and that was another part of why it was such lousy timing on the part of ATX.

So "hi" to everyone, hope your seasons are going as well as we can expect!

Jeanne

Hi Jeanne,

Welcome to the forum. And yes, JB is here & all the "regulars" from the old board. In my opinion it's much friendlier & more supportive of each other than the old one.

If you have contact info for other ATX users, spread the word that we're here. It's a great group.

So I see!! I'm alreayd remembering that the only bad thing about the boards was how much time I spent on them! :blush:

Sadly, I don't have contact info for others. But since your link is up on the "official" board, I suspect there will be an influx of folks finding this one!

Back to work - now that their server is FINALLY back up!

So I see!! I'm alreayd remembering that the only bad thing about the boards was how much time I spent on them! :blush:

Sadly, I don't have contact info for others. But since your link is up on the "official" board, I suspect there will be an influx of folks finding this one!

Back to work - now that their server is FINALLY back up!

Much freindlier here....I have not handed out one "BITE ME" this season!

Are all of the old posts still available on the official community? If so, I would say it's still a valuable resource and I'd consider linking to it. What do you folks think?

Also, how are posts on the official community with links to this site handled? Are they censored or left alone? Just curious.

Are all of the old posts still available on the official community? If so, I would say it's still a valuable resource and I'd consider linking to it. What do you folks think?

Also, how are posts on the official community with links to this site handled? Are they censored or left alone? Just curious.

No, the old posts aren't there. I just went and searched for any of my posts and there were none. I think so far they are leaving the posts with links to here, I've seen a couple.

Eric,

You should ask them to outsource the community to you. They can pay you for the professional job you do administering the "new" "official" ATX web page. They can spike that paypal account for more than a few lunches and not have to worry about their website. Obviously, it would be cheaper for them, and a better product than they can put out.

Just a thought.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I don't want CCH or ATX to have any say in this board by way of employing or outsourcing it to Eric, or any other connection.

I don't want them to either, I just want them to pay Eric for saving half of their clients, and for doing the job they were supposed to do. They should pay and go away from community boards in my opinion.

I was also being a little tongue in cheek. No way those buttheads who run CCH are going to admit they can't run a community and pay someone else to do it.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Your observation that CCH cannot moderate this board is perhaps the biggest reason why at least most of the current users would be quite happy to continue here whether or not they also use the official board. Clearly, many of us also participate in other listservs and bring that information to share here when appropriate.

I will certainly continue to use and support (two contributions so far, do you need more yet? but not lunch money!) this board no matter which software I end up using. As others have noted, the helpfulness found here along with the experience and professionalism is quite valuable, especially to those of us who toil in isolation in our home or single person offices. This is our water cooler where we bounce things off of colleagues.

Thanks again, Eric, for saving the behinds and other parts of us! I really don't think this board will be abandoned any time soon, so long as you are willing and able to keep it going.

Your observation that CCH cannot moderate this board is perhaps the biggest reason why at least most of the current users would be quite happy to continue here whether or not they also use the official board. Clearly, many of us also participate in other listservs and bring that information to share here when appropriate.

I will certainly continue to use and support (two contributions so far, do you need more yet? but not lunch money!) this board no matter which software I end up using. As others have noted, the helpfulness found here along with the experience and professionalism is quite valuable, especially to those of us who toil in isolation in our home or single person offices. This is our water cooler where we bounce things off of colleagues.

Thanks again, Eric, for saving the behinds and other parts of us! I really don't think this board will be abandoned any time soon, so long as you are willing and able to keep it going.

I distinctly remember depositing your last check so I didn't blow yours on food :P

And the site has plenty in the bank right now. I'm guessing that with the slow-down after tax season, there should be plenty to pay for hosting up through AT LEAST the rest of the year, and probably well into next tax season.