ATX Community

A taste of things to come!?!?!?

Karen Lee

Today is the day for me to do the renewal for Max. Got out the file and decided to renew on-line however that didn't work. When I put in the savings code, red letters came up saying that it was incorrect. Tried 3 more times with the same result. No problem I'll call.

Called and received prompt and courteous service. Will fax over form for ACH. Oops, communication error, fax not received. CCH called to verify address and told her the fax didn't come through so she faxed again and it didn't come through either.

So I am mailing the check just like the old days. Wonder what problems will result with that.

Karen

>>Just kidding<<

You wouldn't order your spring coat before you see what the fashion will be, would you? No point in buying a car until you know how much gas is going to cost. Don't support a war if you can't tell who's winning. Why pick a religion until you are dying?

So how can anyone possibly decide which software to use before Congress adjourns at the end of the year?

Thanks for the laugh, Jainen. I needed that!

Karen, if you still have the email about the discount, and you click on the link in that email, it will input the savings code automatically. However.........when I tried to renew, I got the message "An internal error occurred, your credit card has not been charged. Please try again or contact Customer Service.". Of course, customer service is not open now. I guess I'll do it Monday.

Thanks for the laugh, Jainen. I needed that!

Karen, if you still have the email about the discount, and you click on the link in that email, it will input the savings code automatically. However.........when I tried to renew, I got the message "An internal error occurred, your credit card has not been charged. Please try again or contact Customer Service.". Of course, customer service is not open now. I guess I'll do it Monday.

Possibly Tuesday??? :scratch_head:

Thanks Danielle, I wish you could still help too. How's Cody? Did you adapt to motherhood with grace? Hope all is well and keep checking on us.

Karen

Fashion doesn't dictate to me but a good old fashion "sale" does. I understand "discount" "inventory clearance" "price reduction" "early renewal discount".

Today is the day for me to do the renewal for Max. Got out the file and decided to renew on-line however that didn't work. When I put in the savings code, red letters came up saying that it was incorrect. Tried 3 more times with the same result. No problem I'll call.

Called and received prompt and courteous service. Will fax over form for ACH. Oops, communication error, fax not received. CCH called to verify address and told her the fax didn't come through so she faxed again and it didn't come through either.

So I am mailing the check just like the old days. Wonder what problems will result with that.

Karen

Sorry to hear you had problems, Karen!

I renewed last week. Got a phone call (about the third one -- but I told the first guy to call again, and the second one I missed and just got a message). The lady was really nice, we had a nice chat, too. I asked about customer base versus TaxWise and she told me that they have way many more ATX customers than TaxWise. I took the opportunity to tell her that if they did cancel ATX, that many small practitioners like me would automatically go elsewhere, as TaxWise - aside from ALL other concerns - is just out of the price range I'm willing to pay. She promised to pass that along. They charged my corporate card, as requested, and only once.

So I really hope your experience was anomalous and that your renewal finally goes through just fine.

Catherine

Thanks Danielle, I wish you could still help too. How's Cody? Did you adapt to motherhood with grace? Hope all is well and keep checking on us.

Karen

He's doing great! Thanks for asking. :) In fact, here's a picture of him from a few weeks back. Hard to believe he'll be 5 months old soon. He's a talker, much like his mother. I am inclined to think I'm gonna regret encouraging him to talk here in about a year ;)

cody4months1.jpg

He is gorgeous, Danielle.

As for the renewal thing, must have been a bad cyber day for me. The check hasn't cleared the bank yet but will go to MyATX sometime to see if the order is placed.

Karen

PS I have 2 great grandsons that are the light of my life. The second and third generation of babies is not near as exhausting however I do "feel it" after they have spent a couple of days with us.

Well, when I went back in and tried again, renewal was so simple and fast that it was amazing. I guess they just had a minor glitch that weekend.

Danielle, he's a real cutie. Grandkids are fantastic. I have one son moving back to our hometown, so I have two grandkids staying with us right now, while they decide what they want to build. It's fantastic to have them here. And they are wonderful 'medicine' for Don. One hug from a 2 yr old is better than a dozen pills.

I renewed several days before the discount deadline - ATX called earlier and I asked that they call back on the 21st of May. I paid using my credit card and the billing cycle ended the 20th. Just as he stated ATX called back on the 21st and in a snap I renewed and got an extra 30 days before payment is due. I feel very lucky as I have been with ATX for a long time and have never had the problems like I read on this board. And I must ad that this board has also alerted me to some problems that I was able to avoid. Anyway - I'm in for 2008, I just need to clean my office now. yew!

JFH