ATX Community

NT -need to change my avatar pic

schirallicpa

My little doggers - Vinny - passed away a few weeks ago.  He was with me for 14 years and was a major part of my tax practice as the social and welcoming committee.  He had his own Instagram and I swear I got clients because of him.  We had gotten him in January.  We live in western NY and my husband is the town highway superintendent.   So in January, he's pretty busy with roads.  When I called him to go down to the house and check on my new puppy and he told me he was too busy, I started bringing him to work with me.  He peed on lots of clients that year, and W2s and tax returns.  As soon as he heard the door open, he'd be up and running to see who it was.  I had a number of clients who would bring him toys and treats.  

I'm missing him!  

• Like 2
  • Sad 10

So sorry for your loss.  I had a "greeter" cat for many years and most clients looked forward to seeing him every year.  Only problem is he liked to sit on my lap when I was preparing returns and if I wasn't paying the appropriate amount of attention to him, depending on his mood, he would start tapping on the keyboard, making for some interesting results.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 9:15 AM, Patrick Michael said:

So sorry for your loss.  I had a "greeter" cat for many years and most clients looked forward to seeing him every year.  Only problem is he liked to sit on my lap when I was preparing returns and if I wasn't paying the appropriate amount of attention to him, depending on his mood, he would start tapping on the keyboard, making for some interesting results.

I had an awesome cat (thought he was a dog) greeter that managed to hit enough buttons that the computer crashed and restarted. I am relatively sure that he did not know how to use Alt Control Delete, but he was very smart. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just logged in after a vacation - sorry to hear this. Be sure and give yourself time to grieve as losing a pet is a true loss for many of us. 

My sister in law just told us yesterday one of her outdoor farm cats passed during the night. Glad I was able to pet and play with him a little last weekend - great guy and he also will be missed. They have cows and unfortunately named a few of them. BIG mistake.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mcbreck said:

They have cows and unfortunately named a few of them.

Some neighbors long ago would buy one animal to raise for their freezer. The year they got a steer calf, they named him Sir Loin, and that was a daily reminder of his purpose and ultimate fate. IIRC, they had a paid of piglets named Bacon and Sausage, too.

• Like 1