ATX Community

ATX Friends

kcjenkins

Special identifier for ATX employees?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should ATX employees be given a special identifier?

• YES
    • NO
    • Only if they abuse other members
    • Only if they choose to be identified

I have asked a few of my personal friends "from ATX" to join us if they care to.

And I am posting this poll to do two things. One, to ask that the community treat them as friends, and appreciate that they may, from time to time, be able to contribute some insight that benefits us all.

And two, to let our members vote on whether they think such members should be 'identified' in some way?

Recognizing, please, that if you do want that, it might keep them from being free to share with us news that might be valuable, for fear of losing their job.

I have asked a few of my personal friends "from ATX" to join us if they care to.

And I am posting this poll to do two things. One, to ask that the community treat them as friends, and appreciate that they may, from time to time, be able to contribute some insight that benefits us all.

And two, to let our members vote on whether they think such members should be 'identified' in some way?

Recognizing, please, that if you do want that, it might keep them from being free to share with us news that might be valuable, for fear of losing their job.

Let them come on the site any way they want. I don't care if the CEO of CCH comes on incognito, he can see whatever we say. Might make a difference. Might not.

Tom

Lodi, CA

>>Should ATX employees be given a special identifier?<<

It would set a bad precedent. Before you knew it, we would ALL have to confess who we really are!

More than a bad precedent, I personally think this would mean the firing squad for them or at least looking for a new job. The issue with Monkeyman whoever he is may have raised a bit of an issue, but personally I think that we should allow them in (being that I am an ex-ATX guy as it is). They would likely be reading the information anyways (or I would as I always wanted to know what was going on so I could address any issue that came along).

Speaking of ex-ATX, I was speaking with GW today, he seemed to be doing quite well. He still seems to be the same guy I knew, kind heart looking out for the little guys. I wish I had more time to chat with him, but alas I got interrupted.

It doesn't bother me at all if they are or are not identified. I personally welcome them as I will be using their software again this year and that was one of the things I appreciated about the old board, the fact that many employees of ATX monitored it and I found this to be the quickest way many times of getting an answer to a problem.

Also keep in mind, that under the old ATX Community many of the employee's may have participated because it was a part of their job, but if they want to contribute on this site to me it shows that they are still interested in us.

I had actually held off from renewing my subscription with ATX at first because of the way they abruptly halted the community and the increase in price due to charging for e-file. But the last time I was contacted the sales person asked me why I hesitated and when I explained it to him he had a new offer. It still meant an increase over the cost of last year but to me it was fair and also showed good faith on the part of ATX.

Only time will tell what any of this turns out to be, but I for one think that anyone, providing they stay within the guidelines set by the administrator of this site, be allowed to join and if they choose to either let us know they are with ATX or not.

Just my two cents worth.

I agree that they should be allowed to participate incognito, and that they can bring some valuable info to this community. We are already experienced at figuring out when info from a given participant is reliable or when it isn't, regardless of where they work.

I agree that they be allowed to participate and feel free to identify or not to identify themselves, whatever they are most comfortable with.

taxbilly

I seem to agree with the majority - an unusual situation for me! I don't see why ATX employees should have to identify their employer or provide any information that would identify them. If they chose to identify themselves in some way it might add more weight to what they say about the software, but as someone else said it quickly becomes apparent if someone is posting on this board without the knowledge to do so. While some of us may be upset about some of the business decisions made by ATX since CCH bought them out, I don't think anyone is upset with the people we work with day-to-day at ATX. They are just doing a job, and probably have more reasons to be concerned about the buyout than we do.

More than a bad precedent, I personally think this would mean the firing squad for them or at least looking for a new job. The issue with Monkeyman whoever he is may have raised a bit of an issue, but personally I think that we should allow them in (being that I am an ex-ATX guy as it is).

You paint a pretty bleak picture, Melvin. Employees at ATX are probably not chained to a desk with flickering florescent lights overhead, dark circles around their bloodshot eyes and constantly looking over their shoulder to see if the boss is coming to catch them posting on this site.

I still do not understand why my presence here caused such an issue. Obviously it's not that big of a deal given the poll results. I know I am "on your turf" but I am really am only here to help. What the heck did I do?

Personally, the only thing which would bother me about an ATX employee posting on this forum would be to learn that the individual suffered some sort of job action as a result of their participation here, especially if I benefitted from it in some way. It's a legitimate concern, because I've seen people get reprimanded or lose their jobs over actions taken in emails or internate usage that their employers deemed inappropriae after-the-fact.

However, I'm going to assume that any ATX employee posting here knows the score and would be wise enough not to compromise their job. Also, we could all claim to be ATX employees and thus foil any presumed attempts by the company to ferret out wrongdoing. I've said enough, now it's back to work (it's getting crowded here at the Caribou Coffee Hut).

As a new return preparer (6 yrs) this board and the old board a very valuable resources for me. Although I don't post alot I do read and learn from many of the posts. I did not renew until I found out about this new board and felt more comfortable with the ATX program and the ability to get help when needed. I was told about the new forum by an ATX employee. If any person has insight they should be able to post with out stating who they are or where they work unless they wish to reveal that information. If the moderator feels that their information is not worthy then they can be blocked if needed. I feel that the more information I can get the better off that I will be.

and I am not an ATX employee,,, toooo cold up there

On the official board, ATX employees were identified to let us know that we were hearing an answer or solution from, for instance, the inhouse efile expert. But on this unofficial board, identification should NOT be REQUIRED. If in the course of suggesting a solution to some member's concern, an ATX employee wants to explain the source of his/her expertise, that's fine with me. As has been mentioned, some of the members are quick to recognize the identities and/or backgrounds of posters and to let us know when we should pay attention and when to take the comments with a grain of salt or discount them entirely! Welcome to all who can shed some light on how ATX works. I for one am still evaluating other software, thinking stronger diagnostics and more reliable flow from federal to multiple state returns would suit my business better. And as I'll be on my own for the first time, I was disappointed by the close of the message board and the live chat with a techie, removing a couple of sources of help, especially very late at night. Thank you erc and kc and any ATX employee and all power users for populating THIS board.

I agree with the majority. Let them choose whether or not to be identified. They should be welcomed.

By the way, just curious. Did anyone else who contributed to the expenses of this board and sent a check notice that it was sent to an address right next door to ATX"s HQ?

Hmmmm!!!

KC-Have you had any contact with Suelcla? I don't recall seeing her post on this site.

There is one difference ATX employee recognition could provide...William. When William spoke everybody listened...maybe he works for EF Hutton now. I mean, we could be assured that the systemic problems were being addressed or whatever. The program operation and form issues are not as difficult as the company answers we sometimes need.

Mike

ATX has an office in Florida, barosser :)

Sorry, I will probably die with my boots on in Texas... but thanks..

How long will will they be employed in FL.. How long will ATA live????? great questions to be answered by CCH..

any one going to Vegas for the NATP annual conference.. see ya there.

KC-Have you had any contact with Suelcla? I don't recall seeing her post on this site.

I'm not certain, but I think she is here as Cajun Sue. At least that is who I'm assuming she is. I could be wrong, tho, because she did not fill out any info in her profile, not even gender. :) Still, I doubt it's really Bob.

You could always click on Cajun Sue's member name, and send her an email asking her if she is Suelcla.

You paint a pretty bleak picture, Melvin. Employees at ATX are probably not chained to a desk with flickering florescent lights overhead, dark circles around their bloodshot eyes and constantly looking over their shoulder to see if the boss is coming to catch them posting on this site.

I still do not understand why my presence here caused such an issue. Obviously it's not that big of a deal given the poll results. I know I am "on your turf" but I am really am only here to help. What the heck did I do?

I wasn't saying you were chained to your desk with the boss looking over your shoulder. I was just commenting on the obvious concern that if ATX/CCH/whatever their name is wanted to shut down the board for PR reasons, and you were here making comments, it could be used against you. Expect the worst, hope for the best kinda thing.

I'm not certain, but I think she is here as Cajun Sue. At least that is who I'm assuming she is. I could be wrong, tho, because she did not fill out any info in her profile, not even gender. :) Still, I doubt it's really Bob.

You could always click on Cajun Sue's member name, and send her an email asking her if she is Suelcla.

I believe it is Sue. I have a phone number for her & will try to call her tomorrow (Monday). I am now in Elko, Nevada on a fire assignment. The scenery is beautiful out here. It had been a long time since I'd seen mountains!!

Eli

Hey, there is a great Basque restaurant there, that serves meals family style. Excellent lamb and delicious veggies.

Wish I could think of the name of it.

Star Hotel

246 Silver St, Elko, NV

Tel: (775) 753-8696

Review

Jul 4, 2006 by Stephen from Carlisle

Overall Rating: 9

Food:[9] • Service:[9] • Atmosphere:[8]

“The Star is classic Basque food. Place is busy and usually a wait but worth the wait. Try a Pican cocktail at the bar. I had the lamb it was perfect. My friend had rib eye the best I have had. Even a friend's shrimp was good. All food is home made except for canned green beans. This is a place to visit again and again. ”

http://www.mytravelguide.com/restaurants/p...Star_Hotel.html