ATX Community

ATX STEALING THIS SITE

michaelmars

Barbara from sales called me to renew, as i expressed my hesitation due to the poor treatment given by cancelling the communitities she told me that they still exist but just on a different site. Claims it was moved to avoid liability because employees were giving tax advice. She assured me that the new site still has the same posters and mentioned KC by name.

i wish i had recorded that call for everyone to hear.

That is wild. Hey, maybe Eric and I should send them a bill?

Seriously, though, while they have no business implying that they support this site, [unless perhaps they sent Eric some dough?], I don't mind them advertising this group for us, as our whole point is to help other users. And we can't help them if they don't know we are here.

I hope a few more will ask the same question, and see if they are still implying that they are supporting this site. Of course, on the other hand, they are not objecting to our name, which they certainly could do, if they wanted to. If they do imply that, I hope you will ask them to donate to the site's support by clicking on the 'donate' button at the top, and give Eric some cash to cover his costs. As for me, I don't get a thing, and don't want to.

You are right we need to be advertised and the best place to be advertised is when people are purchasing ATX software. Maybe ATX should donate $1 per client and I hope some of us donate during tax season.

You are right, they could take the name away but it would not be a good business decision because that will make a lot of us mad and look for other alternatives.

In all fairness to ATX I want to add that when I originally found this site it was because some nice person at ATX responded to an e-mail that I sent to them to let them know how upset I was that there was no longer a community. The person who answered my e-mail gave me this site and told me that many of the old posters had moved here.

I was very appreciative of their info as I felt so alone until I found all of you again!

Deb....that is good to hear. Obviously, we cannot tar all employees of ATX with the same brush. Just because the "company" has made some disappointing and unpopular decisions, does not mean that nobody in the organization cares about us. Thanks for sharing.

Actually I have to admit that every time I have spoken to someone from ATX either by e-mail or by phone, I have always gotten a sympathetic ear.

When they took the board off I e-mailed one of the employees direct and told that person (politely) how I felt and how dissappointed I was, and I could tell by the reply sent back to me that the employee felt the same way!

The second e-mail that I sent was through the suggestion box and I was suprised to get a quick reply directing me to this site!

Then when I was contacted by sales (I was holding out on early renewal) I was able again to convey to them my dissappointment, and again I felt I had a sympathetic ear. So I have to believe that all the old gang at ATX is saddened by some of these changes that have upset so many of us, but really it's out of their control. I guess there are advantages to being part of a larger company, but I'm trying hard to see it! I liked dealing with ATX much better before it was gobbled up!

Deb....that is good to hear. Obviously, we cannot tar all employees of ATX with the same brush. Just because the "company" has made some disappointing and unpopular decisions, does not mean that nobody in the organization cares about us. Thanks for sharing.

You can't blame the employees for upper management decisions. The people to blame for all problems with ATX or any other large organization are never the ones you reach when you call on the phone. Once I needed to talk to someone and was told to call Clint Murchison. Back then I was dumb enough to think I would be talking to Clint himself.

However once, when I worked for the State, I was trying to locate someone whose only known address was a post office box. I was told that I could call and ask for Dan Quill who was the San Antonio Postmaster. I called and left a message. I didn't expect a reply, but several hours later Mr. Quill, himself, called and gave me the address, which I located in the phone book.

When I called, the answer was, "Hello, this is Old Man Adcock." I think his son probably ran the business.

In all fairness to ATX I want to add that when I originally found this site it was because some nice person at ATX responded to an e-mail that I sent to them to let them know how upset I was that there was no longer a community. The person who answered my e-mail gave me this site and told me that many of the old posters had moved here.

I was very appreciative of their info as I felt so alone until I found all of you again!

I, too, learned of this site recently by a saleswoman from ATX. I was very upset that the community had been 86'd from the ATX website, and she said it was no longer a part of the company, but was still in force, and gave me the address. I was so happy today to see all of you! I've not been a big participant, but have read and reaped many benefits from the shared knowledge of the ATXers. Thanks, and thanks again to you who set this forum up!

Susan from The Dalles, OR :)

Hello Everyone,

It made me very happy to see so many understanding posts on this issue:

i.e. - not blaming or taking out anger on the folks on the phone.

It makes me very proud to be associated with all of you.

The reps try very hard to make everyone happy, and have limited control over decisions made.

However, they are in direct contact with the executive team and your feedback is passed along.

The original post is a result of either:

a) A mistake on the rep's part

B) A mis-communication, or

c) An exaggeration

I would like to further confirm erc's post by stating that ATX has NOTHING to do with this site. Nothing.

Monkeyman