ATX Community

ATX extend discounts?

BJM

I received an e-mail from ATX today, the subject line said "Last chance for discounts, renew today" The e-mail itself was just a promotion for CCH Site Builder, but at the bottom it said if you have not, renew on line or call a rep. I was just wondering if anyone knows if they have extended the discount on the tax programs. I have not renewed at this point, looking over other options and will make my decision soon.

I think you should keep holding out for the coffee pot and toaster oven, or maybe the microwave.

I was actually hoping, if I held out long enough, to get free Zillion Forms forever, free e-filing and the bestest of the best, the free companion airline ticket.

ProSeries has been extending several offers, knowing there are lots of us ATXers out there evaluating other software. And, you can buy/reserve ProSeries but not get billed until the December shipping date, so can cancel anytime before then. I would ask ATX or any software vender you decide on to extend one or more of their usual discounts to you. The worst that can happen is you'll pay full price, but the best is that you'll get a discount or a freebie! Good luck.

ProSeries has been extending several offers, knowing there are lots of us ATXers out there evaluating other software. And, you can buy/reserve ProSeries but not get billed until the December shipping date, so can cancel anytime before then. I would ask ATX or any software vender you decide on to extend one or more of their usual discounts to you. The worst that can happen is you'll pay full price, but the best is that you'll get a discount or a freebie! Good luck.

I got a call from ATX (followed up with emails afterwards) offering me $695 for MAX plus $69 S/H. MAX is listed on the website for $1065. When the invoice came through, it said "MAX-Former 1040 cust $695". I don't recall if this offer was the same one as earlier in the season, but as I told the sales lady, "If I do actually stick with ATX for the tax season, it'll likely because I didn't have time to look at your competition".

Bill

Boy, are they going to hear from me!!!! My early renewal price was $1065 less $106 early bird discount plus $69 S/H. This is the reward I get for customer loyalty and letting them use my money for months? I could have waited until now and saved 300 bucks? AND, this was a HUGE price increase from the prior year forced on me by ATX. The prior year, I paid $495 for 1040 Office plus $165 for PRS. I was forced up to MAX because they limited the efiles to 100.

Boy, are they going to hear from me!!!! My early renewal price was $1065 less $106 early bird discount plus $69 S/H. This is the reward I get for customer loyalty and letting them use my money for months? I could have waited until now and saved 300 bucks? AND, this was a HUGE price increase from the prior year forced on me by ATX. The prior year, I paid $495 for 1040 Office plus $165 for PRS. I was forced up to MAX because they limited the efiles to 100.

At the current pricing structure of ATX, it is still the bargain of all the tax programs out there. Further, although we had a tough season with them last year, I spoke with friends of mine using other software including ProSeries and they did not get the updates to their forms as quickly as us. One friend of mine was filing extensions late into the night near the end of season (I think even the last day) as ProSeries server was overloaded and he pays over $3000.00 for his software and that's without the research products he has to buy seperately. My cost $1540.50 with discount and that includes all of Kleinrock.

I know ATX's software has some compromises; speed for me is a major issue, but they do appear to be more responsive to our needs. And they don't compete with us! In other words ProSeries vs Turbo Tax!

Intuit doesn't care about us as professionals at all. Another of my good friends worked at Intuit as a tax consultant to insure the software worked and calculated the tax forms properly. When he found a major error in the calculations on some forms couple of years ago and made an issue of it, he was told to leave it alone as it would be addressed next season and when he didn't he was fired. With ATX on the other hand we have a few options, first every time I have brought an issue to them the programmers fixed the software in the current season and helped me work around the problem when I couldn't wait.

Just because CCH now owns them isn't a reason to panic and jump ship. CCH needs a lower end program to compete with the other tax software products as Pro FX is way to expensive for the average user.

I would guess ATX is giving some larger discounts to stop us from jumping ship because of the fear we have with CCH at the helm. Heck (sic), just their decision to get rid of the ATX community gave us cause for concern.

Joel

Here is the e-mail I got in response to the phone call I received today asking for me to renew. I told the salesperson that I had heard of discounts being offered of as much as $300. I also told her I was reviewing other software, and wanted to know why I should stay with them. She said she would check with her supervisor about any discounts available, and get back to me. Below is the response, with names removed to protect the guilty.

Mr. XXXXXX

I have spoke with my supervisor and unfortunately we are unable to offer you a discount off the 2007 tax program. We can do the delay billing and not charge your credit card until November 30 2007. So if you would like to set that up you can contact me. If you have any other questions please feel free to reply or call me. Have a good day.

Ms. XXXXX XXXXX

Total Satisfaction Team

ATX/Kleinrock

CCH Small Firm Services

1-866-355-0352

P.O Box 1040

63 Sweden Street

Caribou,ME 04736

[email protected]

Mr. XXXXXX

I have spoke with my supervisor and unfortunately we are unable to offer you a discount off the 2007 tax program. We can do the delay billing and not charge your credit card until November 30 2007. So if you would like to set that up you can contact me. If you have any other questions please feel free to reply or call me. Have a good day.

Ms. XXXXX XXXXX

Total Satisfaction Team

ATX/Kleinrock

CCH Small Firm Services

1-866-355-0352

P.O Box 1040

63 Sweden Street

Caribou,ME 04736

[email protected]

________________________________________________________________________________

I was reading at the email address and now ATX is writing as "CCH SMALL FIRM SERVICES".

I have not renewed yet and still playing with the other software.

What is she guilty of, Jack?

Please remeber these folks are just doing their jobs; they have no say in company policy.

The entire purpose of my post was that these people ARE stating company policy. I only asked the lady to see if there were any other discounts available. She did her job very well.

The company policies of CCH are what have caused all the discontent among us long time users. I did not say or even imply that the salesperson did anything wrong. That is why I removed the names.

It is my decided opinion (for whatever that is worth) that CCH policymakers have forgotten a very vital and basic necessity of a successful business. Customer Service!

The teacher in my very first business class had a simple saying... "Remember, the CUSTOMER pays your paycheck. Without customers there is NO paycheck." Adhering to that concept has made my business successful, and I have not decided whether to stick with ATX or not.

The entire purpose of my post was that these people ARE stating company policy. I only asked the lady to see if there were any other discounts available. She did her job very well

Sorry for the misunderstanding, Jack.

When you said you were "hiding the names to protect the guilty"

and then hid the rep's name, I could only infer you felt her guilty of something.

She was probably really bummed (and a little nervous) to tell you no.

At this point, not having had time to review even the demo disks I asked for, I will almost certainly renew with ATX (although I'm still waiting for the last minute!).

That said, any software which made community property splits easy would certainly get an extra look from me. It's a slow manual procedure in both ATX and LaCerte....what about the others?

Last year I got an offer for Max for the price of the 1040 Office I was buying (about $600) so I took it. This year, I guess since I had Max last year, all I was offered was the 10% off. In fact that was the second year I was offered Max for the price of 1040 Office, but was on vacation the year before and missed the deadline. I was hoping to get the same early bird offer this year, but I guess its only to get you to upgrade your subscription.