ATX Community

Due Date Query - partnerships

Catherine

Hi all --

Didn't they change the due dates for Partnership returns to 3/15 this year, so that folks could then get their K-1's in time to do their individual returns?

If so, then why is ATX trying to tell me that this partnership return I just finished isn't due until 4/15?

Or have I just gone completely round the twist? (Always possible.)

TIA,

Catherine

Hi all --

Didn't they change the due dates for Partnership returns to 3/15 this year, so that folks could then get their K-1's in time to do their individual returns?

If so, then why is ATX trying to tell me that this partnership return I just finished isn't due until 4/15?

Or have I just gone completely round the twist? (Always possible.)

TIA,

Catherine

Don't scare me like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you hear that huge intake of breath as all preparers suddenly turned to their stacks of unfinished partnership returns?!

I didn't mean to terrify/horrify people.... I was just really confused all of a sudden.

Sorry for the scare, folks. Trying to work through a combination nap attack/headache today, and not thinking clearly.

:(

I thought the same thing. Have been beating up my partnerships. Now I am trying to figure out when and where I heard/read that information. Well at least I have a jump start on the partnerships. Back to corporations...should be able to get a couple out of here by Monday. Thanks for bringing it up Catherine

Karen

I thought the same thing. Have been beating up my partnerships. Now I am trying to figure out when and where I heard/read that information. Well at least I have a jump start on the partnerships. Back to corporations...should be able to get a couple out of here by Monday. Thanks for bringing it up Catherine

Karen

They made such a big stink about the due changing to match the corporation due dates so that folks would get their K-1's in time to file individual returns. I guess the detail about that only applying to extensions was the piece I missed.

Catherine

A long, long, long time ago March 15th was the due date for individual returns.

taxbilly

Oh, I remember doing the tax return for 1863. It was really complicated back then.

Here is the 1863 law as it relates to the due date:

>>By the sixth section of the Act of July 1, 1863, it is made the duty of any person liable to the income tax,

on or before the first Monday of May in each year, to make a list or return of the amount of his annual income

to the assistant assessor of the district in which he or she resides.<<

Attached is the blank 1863 tax form that I still keep just in case I need to make an amendment or for some non-filer.

f1040_1864.pdf

Some changes made by IRS are good.....

Always was April 15 was the dealine for filing personal income tax returns - even 16 or 17, if 15 was on a holiday or weekend.

Starting this year, taxes are not due until you are nominated for a Cabinet position.

I love it! :)

Another option would be to at least give us until Tax Freedom Day - that's the first day of the year you begin earning money for yourself. Up until that point everything you've earned goes to pay your cumulative tax burden for the year. Depending upon what state you live in, that date can be as late as May 7 or 8. Of course, if you move to Sweden or Norway, it doesn't arrive until the end of July. I hope we aren't headed in that direction in the US.

Oh, I remember doing the tax return for 1863. It was really complicated back then.

Here is the 1863 law as it relates to the due date:

>>By the sixth section of the Act of July 1, 1863, it is made the duty of any person liable to the income tax,

on or before the first Monday of May in each year, to make a list or return of the amount of his annual income

to the assistant assessor of the district in which he or she resides.<<

Attached is the blank 1863 tax form that I still keep just in case I need to make an amendment or for some non-filer.

OldJack, you must be older than I thought! :P