ATX Community

NT / Form SSA-1099

RitaB

I have wondered this for a long time. It seems that NO ONE can open these without tearing them. Apparently, some of my clients have given up cause they just bring them unopened. Even if everything else is out of the envelopes. (Do you hate it when people bring all the forms crammed back into the envelopes?!) And THAT GLUE on either side under the pink "do not return this form to SSA or IRS"! I HAVE to roll that glue off. It's the first thing I do. I have no idea why.

Ok, I'm done.

I have wondered this for a long time. It seems that NO ONE can open these without tearing them. Apparently, some of my clients have given up cause they just bring them unopened. Even if everything else is out of the envelopes. (Do you hate it when people bring all the forms crammed back into the envelopes?!) And THAT GLUE on either side under the pink "do not return this form to SSA or IRS"! I HAVE to roll that glue off. It's the first thing I do. I have no idea why.

Ok, I'm done.

I've got one client who is constitutionally incapable of opening an envelope without tearing the envelope and entire contents to ragged shreds. It's always quite a trip to go through her stuff. And yes, she puts every shredded paper form back into its' shredded envelope! :lol: Luckily, she comes early when I still have time to deal.

Catherine

You all need to know about the secret SSA-1099 exclusion - the form isn't meant to be opened.

If you persist in trying to open it you must include the SocSec income on the tax return.

Retaining the form unopened entitles them to exclude the SocSec income from Line 20 altogether.

You all need to know about the secret SSA-1099 exclusion - the form isn't meant to be opened.

If you persist in trying to open it you must include the SocSec income on the tax return.

Retaining the form unopened entitles them to exclude the SocSec income from Line 20 altogether.

You mean it's taxable? The guy at the local Social Security Office explains to my clients that once they reach true retirement age 66, they don't have to pay taxes. Or at least that's what they heard.

JohnH and lbbwest - so THAT is why my SS recipients are having to pay tax on SS benefits! The lawyer said they weren't taxable, too. Boy, I have really cheated my clients, plus I have glue balls all over my floor. My chair gets stuck sometimes. And to think, I have done this to myself. Mercy.

You guys need a break, and a nice glass of a good wine, or a beer, if that is your choice. [ugh]

You've clearly been working too hard, for too long. Get some rest, we are not even to April yet. [Thank goodness]

when you say "rest" I expect that is the brief moment from around 11:00 PM till 4:00 AM. It seems I crawl into bed and blink once or twice and its time to spring back out of bed fully charged.

when you say "rest" I expect that is the brief moment from around 11:00 PM till 4:00 AM. It seems I crawl into bed and blink once or twice and its time to spring back out of bed fully charged.

Yeah, and you wake up at 3:00 am wondering if you checked the ^&*% stimulus payment for that client that already picked up. You remembering thinking about checking it, but the phone rang and it was your PITA / slacker client that took forever to pay asking, "When are they sending out this year's stim-a-lus checks?"