ATX Community

Firing clients

imjulier

Just a moment to vent-

I just had to fire a client since he came clean to me just this morning on having household help to the extent of about $4400 in 2008. He wanted it to be under the table except that he documented it by having a tax-free account for dep. care thru his employer. I suspected he was lying to me since I was trying to get these figures from him for about a week. He came clean and told me how to handle a couple other things on the return....does the tail wag the dog or dog wag the tail? He also asked if he and his wife could still come in and sign off this afternoon. Just frustrated I suppose but I still feel good about letting that one go. OK, I'm done, thanks for letting me vent.

Julie

Oops. I just fired another client. Today must be a bad day for clients. Or I need to leave the office while I still have clients left.

People you have to deal with today should all be shot. OK, maybe that's a little harsh.

Next year, I hope I have everything in shape to be closed. Have to do two payrolls today. Slackers come out of the woodwork today. Don't feel bad. They've had 100 days in 2009 to talk to you before today.

People you have to deal with today should all be shot. OK, maybe that's a little harsh.

Next year, I hope I have everything in shape to be closed. Have to do two payrolls today. Slackers come out of the woodwork today. Don't feel bad. They've had 100 days in 2009 to talk to you before today.

Oh My Goodness!

I totally fogot payroll for one of my clients! Thanks for mentioning it in your post or I would have gotten a phone call from a very upset client!

This board is wonderful in sooooooooo many ways!

Deb!

I had a "what I had considered a fired client" call and leave a message late today requesting an extension and promising to pay last years bill which is seven months past due, and asking for my new address. So I filed the extension and left a message on his cell phone.

After searching my database from last year, I also filed extensions for two dead persons. The spouse remained but has not contacted me recently. CYA or benevolet?

I am now nursing my favorite beverage, a mixture of Red Bull and vodka. So in a while I will not know if "I am going UP or Down". That's why I call my drink the Jimi Hendrix Experience!