ATX Community

Will you be switching to TRX?

JRS

Poll on switching to TRX  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying from TRX or ATX?

• I will be buying from TRX
    • I will be buying from ATX/CCH

According to Braeden, TRX has a five year contract with CCH at this time. So it seems likely that whatever happens with the various programs, TRX will have some product to deliver for the next five years.

My name is Doug Hughes, and I am the President of TRX™. I want each and everyone on this community board to know how much TRX™ appreciates your kindness. I would also like to invite each of you to visit me at one of the IRS Nationwide Forums this year; we will be at all of them. We have great things to show you with the development of our own TRX Software®, which each of you will receive a FREE copy this year if you would like to beta test for us. You will also receive whatever product we are including in our Alliance Membership that you have chosen.

We have been in development on this software for approximately 15 months with many suggestions from Independent Tax Preparers just like you. TRX Software® is not just another Tax Preparation Software, it has multi-functions. TRX Multi-Manager® Software gives Preparers with multiple offices the choice to review each return done at a satellite location before sending it to the IRS Service Center. TRX Software® will let you from within a return toggle from English to Spanish and from Forms Mode to Interview Mode or our recommended Xpress Mode for high volume offices. With the growing number of Hispanic workers in the US we have added two functions that we believe that will make you more money and grow your practice. One function will allow you to complete ITIN / W-7's from within the software allowing you to charge additionally for this service. The other function will auto complete up to 3 years back tax returns without double entries saving many hours of your time.

TRX Software® has been tested and is fully capable of running on 32 Bit or 64 Bit Windows. TRX Software® is a true windows product and not a DOS bi-product. TRX Software® has built-in updating saving time from program crashes that not having the current version causes, with TRX Software® you will always have the current version. TRX Software® is fully networkable.

If you would like to be a BETA tester and be part of new generation in Tax Office Preparation Software please contact TRX at 866-829-9777

Sincerely,

Doug Hughes

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Doug Hughes, and I am the President of TRX™. I want each and everyone on this community board to know how much TRX™ appreciates your kindness. I would also like to invite each of you to visit me at one of the IRS Nationwide Forums this year; we will be at all of them. We have great things to show you with the development of our own TRX Software®, which each of you will receive a FREE copy this year if you would like to beta test for us. You will also receive whatever product we are including in our Alliance Membership that you have chosen.

We have been in development on this software for approximately 15 months with many suggestions from Independent Tax Preparers just like you. TRX Software® is not just another Tax Preparation Software, it has multi-functions. TRX Multi-Manager® Software gives Preparers with multiple offices the choice to review each return done at a satellite location before sending it to the IRS Service Center. TRX Software® will let you from within a return toggle from English to Spanish and from Forms Mode to Interview Mode or our recommended Xpress Mode for high volume offices. With the growing number of Hispanic workers in the US we have added two functions that we believe that will make you more money and grow your practice. One function will allow you to complete ITIN / W-7's from within the software allowing you to charge additionally for this service. The other function will auto complete up to 3 years back tax returns without double entries saving many hours of your time.

TRX Software® has been tested and is fully capable of running on 32 Bit or 64 Bit Windows. TRX Software® is a true windows product and not a DOS bi-product. TRX Software® has built-in updating saving time from program crashes that not having the current version causes, with TRX Software® you will always have the current version. TRX Software® is fully networkable.

If you would like to be a BETA tester and be part of new generation in Tax Office Preparation Software please contact TRX at 866-829-9777

Sincerely,

Doug Hughes

This is all well and good however this is an ATX Community Board and as such we are interested with the ongoing debacle TRX is having with ATX. Please give us your assurances that you will be providing ATX Max & TTO software for 2009 at your stated pricing on your website. I personally will not accept any bait & switch whether it be Tax Wise and/or your home grown software!

Thanks for your timely response to many nervous new customers.

Mike Dubin CPA

This is all well and good however this is an ATX Community Board and as such we are interested with the ongoing debacle TRX is having with ATX. Please give us your assurances that you will be providing ATX Max & TTO software for 2009 at your stated pricing on your website. I personally will not accept any bait & switch whether it be Tax Wise and/or your home grown software!

Thanks for your timely response to many nervous new customers.

Mike Dubin CPA

Good call, Mike. I agree. I want to know whether we can count on at least five years of an advanced ATX/CCH product.

I will likely buy from TRX, but following my usual practice I'm not committing a penny until Dec (or maybe even Jan 2010). Seems like buying the ATX software form TRX is the logical choice, assuming I decide to stay with ATX in the first place.

My overall approach is that there's just too much uncertainty out there with virtually all the vendors to make any commitments until the last minute. I'm not going to risk making a wrong decision simply to save what amounts to the price of one or two tax returns. I'll wait until the vendors can prove that what they offer will work for me, then I'll pay.

I will probably go with the $299 program. It has everything I need except for 1099 efile. The $699 program has the 1099 efile, but I think I can probablly find a 1099 efile program for a lot less than $400. If anyone knows of such a program, please let us know. I use Medlin for W2s.

I just ordered the 299.00 program and I think it was the right choice. Braeden was helpful and answered my questions and concerns. I,also use Medlin for W2s and I believe they have a separate Module for 1099 forms for around the same price. I will need to double check on that.

I just ordered the 299.00 program and I think it was the right choice. Braeden was helpful and answered my questions and concerns. I,also use Medlin for W2s and I believe they have a separate Module for 1099 forms for around the same price. I will need to double check on that.

If Medlin has a 1099 program that will efile, that would be great. Let us know if you find out anything on that.

Given all the money that everyone is saving, and since the info originated on this forum, it might be a good time to put in a gentle reminder to all that the "Donate" button is at the top of the page. We want to be sure this resource stays well-funded...

Given all the money that everyone is saving, and since the info originated on this forum, it might be a good time to put in a gentle reminder to all that the "Donate" button is at the top of the page. We want to be sure this resource stays well-funded...

Thank You for that reminder!! Just added a little myself. Anyone who has benefitted from information on this website should consider making a contribution!! Bandwith is NOT cheap!!

I will likely buy from TRX, but following my usual practice I'm not committing a penny until Dec (or maybe even Jan 2010). Seems like buying the ATX software form TRX is the logical choice, assuming I decide to stay with ATX in the first place.

My overall approach is that there's just too much uncertainty out there with virtually all the vendors to make any commitments until the last minute. I'm not going to risk making a wrong decision simply to save what amounts to the price of one or two tax returns. I'll wait until the vendors can prove that what they offer will work for me, then I'll pay.

You could put a deposit down of $20.00 to reserve your copy and not have much risk, plus guarantee your TRX version of the software

I jumped.

My one remaining concern was the price of my web site. TRX investigated for me and since I will still be using ATX, I still get the discounted price.

I asked ATX last week what would happen to my pricing if I downgraded to 1040, or went PPR, and haven't heard one peep back. TRX, when I explained my concern, got details from me, went off for a day and investigated, called back for one more bit they needed, then called back _again_ with the answer that my web site price would not go up (and they started days after I asked CCH). Plus the money-back guarantee in writing that if the software isn't available, I get my money back (which we all know that CCH won't give).

Better service AND save money? Here's hoping it works out even half as well as it sounds!

Catherine

I just ordered the $699 ATX TTO package What surprised me was the "release letter from ATX" they want signed that says I want to be released to go with TRX. What's with that?

They did include the letter of guarantee of a refund if they cannot provide ATX TTO - looks like they are doing that as a standard thing now. Sorry, JB, they didn't offer pepperoni.

Here's hoping this works as well as we think it will.

Wendy

I just ordered the $699 ATX TTO package What surprised me was the "release letter from ATX" they want signed that says I want to be released to go with TRX. What's with that?

They did include the letter of guarantee of a refund if they cannot provide ATX TTO - looks like they are doing that as a standard thing now. Sorry, JB, they didn't offer pepperoni.

Here's hoping this works as well as we think it will.

Wendy

I heard nothing about a "release letter" when I signed up....

That's odd; I may call back and ask about this. In my copious free time, LOL.

This is the e-mail:

Hey Wendy!

We are so excited to have you on board with us this year! Below is the Guarantee you were wanting and I am also attaching the RELEASE LETTER from ATX for you to sign and just email it back to me. Thank you again for support in the Alliance, if there is anything we can do or if you run into any questions or concerns along the way please give me a call!

Sincerely,

---------------------------

This is the attachment:

224 West Main Street

Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Dear, _____________________________,

We wish to be released to go with TRX ALLIANCE for the 2009/2010 Tax season.

Thank you.

Respectfully Submitted,

Trx Alliance

:scratch_head: Now, I guess i need an explanation. In order to be released, it would seem that I am under some onus/obligation/duty/encumbrance. to whom is this missive directed and just what am I being released from????

:scratch_head::scratch_head:

z

Ditto

I am not under any "obligation" to CCH or ATX. I am the CUSTOMER!! I give them money! They are the ones under obligation.

The release letter is something we had in our contract last year that was basically an acknowledgment from our clients that they were getting the software from us rather than Taxwise (or ATX) directly. It is not an obligation, just an acknowledgment. We are doing it as a precautionary measure. I can email anyone a copy and I'll just need you to email it back so we can add it to your file.