ATX Community

NT - update on cancer and happy news new granddaughter

bstaxes

After the thyroid operation, I was feeling just great. About 5 days after coming home I thought I twisted my knee. A knee that was replaced in 2007. No such luck. It was cancer from the thyroid eating at my bones and plastic implant. Off to Sloan Kettering in NYC for operation and a new knee. Now I am using a walker and hope to be off the walker in a couple of weeks. The doctor had to cut from under the knee to 3/4 way up the thigh. Oh well, I get up each morning and feel a little pain and say thank you God for the pain, the alternate is not an option.

Good News, my daughter gave birth to a little girl on Monday, both daughter and granddaughter are doing fine. That makes 2 grandsons and 2 granddaughters. The tie will be broken the end of July with my son's wife, who is having a girl.

Now if only I can get the info from the clients to finish their returns. Somethings just don't change.

Have a great summer.

After the thyroid operation, I was feeling just great. About 5 days after coming home I thought I twisted my knee. A knee that was replaced in 2007. No such luck. It was cancer from the thyroid eating at my bones and plastic implant. Off to Sloan Kettering in NYC for operation and a new knee. Now I am using a walker and hope to be off the walker in a couple of weeks. The doctor had to cut from under the knee to 3/4 way up the thigh. Oh well, I get up each morning and feel a little pain and say thank you God for the pain, the alternate is not an option.

Good News, my daughter gave birth to a little girl on Monday, both daughter and granddaughter are doing fine. That makes 2 grandsons and 2 granddaughters. The tie will be broken the end of July with my son's wife, who is having a girl.

Now if only I can get the info from the clients to finish their returns. Somethings just don't change.

Have a great summer.

Your post and your attitude are so very special. Wishing you the very best of all good things to come.

Have a great summer.

I wish you thebest as you recuperate. May the future days be the best yet.

Wow; quite a story of adventure -- my sympathies that you have had to go through all this. I hope this is the END of your trials, and that from now on you can "just" recover, and enjoy the grandchildren!

The clients will show up with their stuff at the most inconvenient time, and then badger you to see if you're done yet. It's good to have stuff in this world that you can count on.

Catherine