ATX Community

Not Tax - A dad bragging on his son

BulldogTom

This is so far from tax. My son plays football for Lodi High. They are in the playoffs and won their first round game against Turlock. I am so proud of him. If you would like to take a look at a couple of his blocks, take a look at his video clips at the link below. He is number 71 and plays center.

http://video.berecruited.com/videos/athletes/376393

Thanks for letting me brag on my son.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Tell him to check out the UConn Huskies under Randy Edsell. Amazing new practice facilities and beautiful campus and high graduation rate for football players.

I would love for him to get a scholarship to UCON. Unfortunately, they have shown no interest. If you know Coach Edsell, send him the link. Jonathan is a 3.8 student who wants to major in engineering. Has an 1850 SAT score and is tutoring other students in Pre-Calculus. He is a great kid and a great student.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Tom, I know UConn has been trying to recruit from farther away, outside New England, so should notice talent in CA. I don't know Coach Edsell; our daughter was in the marching band so we watched football. FedEx a letter from your son with a CD and include links to his site about every three weeks to show his interest in UConn's program. Alternate between Coach Edsell and the coach(es) for the positions your son can play. Schools do notice how many times a potential student contacts them (not parents, though!). They're a young team and only about six years in the Big East as it is now. This is not a good year for them; that might help players trying to get recruited. But, they built some amazing facilities with donated money recently to get to the next level. The kids really love Coach Edsell. Did you see UConn beat Notre Dame last year on national TV? And, Donald Brown going to the Colts in the first round of the NFL draft? But this fall -- not so good. Gone through too many quarterbacks! So, a persistent kid should get noticed. Good luck!

Wow, Tom - your son is quite an athlete. Don't blame you one bit for being proud of him. Hmm - 3.8 GPA. I have very pretty daughter...

She was in here one day, and a client asked her if she had to beat off boys with a stick. She said, "No, my brothers do that for me." (We all like to brag on our kids.)

• 1 month later...