ATX Community

Do you have a web site?

HV Ken

We are in the process of creating a web site for our business (home office consisting of my wife and me).

I was wondering, if you have a website, would you mind either posting the URL here or sending it to me? I'd like to see what others in the ATX community are doing.

Yes, I am aware of the CCH website service. While it looks very professional, the cost is more than I am looking to spend.

Thanks!

We are in the process of creating a web site for our business (home office consisting of my wife and me).

I was wondering, if you have a website, would you mind either posting the URL here or sending it to me? I'd like to see what others in the ATX community are doing.

Yes, I am aware of the CCH website service. While it looks very professional, the cost is more than I am looking to spend.

Thanks!

I worked with a friend to create a brand new site for a local hospital:

http://www.carymedicalcenter.org

This is a more personal site, that is shared among a few friends and I:

http://www.beaverbrookroad.net

I worked with a friend to create a brand new site for a local hospital:

http://www.carymedicalcenter.org

This is a more personal site, that is shared among a few friends and I:

http://www.beaverbrookroad.net

Thanks for the pointers, erc. I guess I should have been more explicit - I am specifically looking for web sites for tax businesses.

DollarsSense.com and, yes, I paid the big bucks when I bought ProSystem fx software. Glad I did; never would've gotten it up and running before tax season. I had DollarsSense.biz for years and years with absolutely nothing on it; just used it to have my domain name for email. When I was able to buy the .com version, I wanted to get a web site up before tax season. The salesman did everything. I've been changing it page by page when I have a minute, posting newsletters, etc. The site provides a new set of newsletters the first of every month. Tech support has been excellent.

Thanks!

http://www.godel.com (our website for taxes and accounting)

http://www.hamiltonservices.net (our website for payroll processing)

Thanx for the compliment, Tom. They provide a group of new newsletters the first of every month. I can uncheck any I don't want posted right now. This month, one was on EITC for which I have no clients, so I unchecked that. I can also choose past newsletters from their archives; think I have one about business receipts from their archives. Their newsletters can appear first; right now I have my own at the top of the page (first season out on my own), so everything down to the Dollars & Sense newsletter is mine and everything below is theirs. (Cut and paste, really simple to post.) Most of the other pages come with default paragraphs, introducing your client-friendly company blah blah, and the salesman wrote some blurbs and inserted all my contact info. I've been rewriting a few intros and printed out their cheat sheet on HTML so I can add bullet points, bold, etc. The calendar (I customize company info) and calculators and a bunch of links (MSNBC, tax refund status, IRS, etc.) and tax forms and publications are all built in. I dropped a couple of their links and added some client and miscellaneous links. I'm saving the firm profile page to get more specific once I think HRB won't chase me down! But, I do have some personal profile info buried in the contacts page under my name. Even the overall design and color scheme are just check the box and can be changed at any time. So, the site is starting to be more me, as I have time. But, I started with all them to get it up and running before tax season and was perfectly happy with it that way. The major change is they had a lot of text paragraphs, so it looked a little gray; now I'm adding bullets and bold and stuff and a little less passive voice and third person to let my personality show. If I had a logo, I could upload it for an additional charge. Everything you see is the basic charge only. It sometimes misbehaves under Mozilla's FireFox, but always works under Internet Explorer. A very helpful techie Chris said they all love and use FireFox, so they're working on the different way Java functions under FireFox.

I just recently created my web site via Site Builders it was very easy and for the most part inexpensive. they also offer tax software called Complete Tax, but i have presently chosse not to have it available via my site. the techs at Site Builders were very helpful. Info available via ATX.

site address www.1040PRO.net

cliff

1040PRO of AZ

Thanks!

Did you know the CCH service has a special price for ATX users? $495 for a year for the site, all the "fixin's", email, domain name, everything.

You can take a look at mine, www.grant-financial.com

Catherine