ATX Community

Envelopes, paper clips, folders and special containers

jr1040

Still working on Saturday night and just wondering if the rest of us peons are tired of digging necessary forms from envelopes, struggling with excessive paper clips and forms stapled together. Also, trying to find the forms in folders, or some sort of plastic or some unmentionable smelly pouch that hits you if face when you open it.

Just finished one where she stapled all paper work to the envelope in which it came. Can't imagine why. She didn't do that before. And, been getting a lot of plastic sleeves, the kind you'd use to protect a page, with holes to put in a notebook; but they're using the sleeve like a folder to hold all their tax documents. Seems to be a new technique this year and used by several clients.

Apparently folks in the South haven't graduated to the sheet protector. Mine come in plastic WalMart bags. It is a mystery however, as to what is actually in the bottom of the bag. The best one I have ever had was the phone call when the client stated " Go look in the bushes for a garbage bag in front of your house, you weren't home so that is where I put'em to be safe". No, I'm not making that up. :spaz:

I like the ones that staple and/or clip the supporting document(s) to the respective page in the organizer. As if to say, "this is my W-2, this is my six 1099R's here are my...." Seems I spend more time separating them so I can scan the supporting documents than it takes to do the actual return. Have I said lately how much I love my clients? I do, ya know.

Apparently folks in the South haven't graduated to the sheet protector. Mine come in plastic WalMart bags. It is a mystery however, as to what is actually in the bottom of the bag. The best one I have ever had was the phone call when the client stated " Go look in the bushes for a garbage bag in front of your house, you weren't home so that is where I put'em to be safe". No, I'm not making that up. :spaz:

I am getting both the plastic sleeves with the string that winds around and around the little thingies to make it really secure; and the Walmart bags which they wind around the doorknob even though I have two perfectly good drop boxes placed stragecially near the front door. I really think that I am losing my mind. Just received an answer to an e-mail from a client who said that she forgot to give me her Ameritrade papers. I told her I needed to see them in case there were any dividends. Her e-mail this moring said "These are STOCKS, I don't know what you mean by dividends!" I think it's Sunday, but I really, really think that I am losing my mind. This has been the strangest year ever and they are still coming in. Guess who hasn't even started her own return yet. I read EXTENSION on the wall for many.

I'm glad you guys only have taxes to worry about. I wish I did.

My office door was kicked in last night (we were here, so there was no burglary), so we had to stay all night for security. They broke the hinge on our plate-glass-and-heavy-aluminum door.

My office door was kicked in last night (we were here, so there was no burglary), so we had to stay all night for security. They broke the hinge on our plate-glass-and-heavy-aluminum door.

Julie -- SO glad you are safe.

Julie, so glad nobody was hurt. Under those circumstances, was a good thing that you were there.

One of my favorite clients had his 80-something year old mother call to let us know that he had put his tax information in the grill on our patio one year when the office was still in the house. Gotta love 'em. By the way, it was April 15 when he did that.