ATX Community

I'm in love!

Tax Prep by Deb

Just got my new computer set up, programs installed, files moved over, and I absolutely love this new computer. My old monitor was 19" my new one is 24". I love it, love it, love it.

So far the computer is everything I hoped it would be and boy does it open ATX and Quickbooks super fast.

Thanks for everyone who commented on my Windows 7 questions, as well as for your recommendations in choosing a new computer.

Deb!

I love my 24" monitors, too. I got three of them and turn two so an entire page fits on without scrolling down; have mail and research on the third horizontal one. The part that brings me down, though, is that the very new, very expensive Dell they're connected to was dead all of March and has its warning light back on in April. I hate Dell, but love my monitors! (You can see my set-up in the Partners magazine link in another thread.)

I like that monitor setup! I'm jealous. I only have two monitors - but one is a 27" and I increased the size of the fonts for my tired old eyes. I never thought of turning a monitor to vertical............duh. Nice article about you. You deserve it. We can all say we knew you "when".

Wendy

Thank you. I love the portrait monitors. I have 2009 tax prep on the left to refer to, 2010 in the middle, and then whatever I need on the horizontal, usually email and research. But, as more people send me their documents electronically, upload them via FileShare on my web site, etc., I have their documents open on the right and can prepare a return without touching a piece of paper!

Now, if I could just get Dell to be as responsive as my software....

I love my 24" monitors, too. I got three of them and turn two so an entire page fits on without scrolling down; have mail and research on the third horizontal one. The part that brings me down, though, is that the very new, very expensive Dell they're connected to was dead all of March and has its warning light back on in April. I hate Dell, but love my monitors! (You can see my set-up in the Partners magazine link in another thread.)

We can see two of those monitors in the picture that accompanies the article; very slick, very nice! Even far from tax season, however, my desk NEVER looks that clean - I'm jealous!

That's only because I was up all night cleaning up, throwing stuff in boxes to stash in the guest room and in bins I just bought at Home Goods and under my desk and across the room from where I figured they'd photograph! You can see the leftmost portrait monitor behind me and the rightmost landscape monitor above my tea mug.

I have 3 monitors too. Only 23" though. I only use 2 for myself and the 3rd for clients to view (mirrors my left monitor). I have them landscape and can fit two docs and/or programs on each. I can size them to fit the screen, but I do like to magnify for easier reading and then I have to scroll. But they are great.

I got a new computer at the beginning of the season. Left ATX 2001 through 2006 on the old one (backed up of course). I only installed 07-10 on the new one. I imported all of the backup files. Everything is great. However, all of my previous year's efile statuses are from when they were originally transmitted. I know I used to solve this by running the Synchronize efile with EFC sync, but that doesn't seem to be doing anything. Anyone else know how to get the efiles to proper status (mostly do I have date of acceptance records).

If not I will try tech support next week.