ATX Community

Where did everybody Go..?

Elrod

Catching up on my sleep, doing laundry, NY letters, telephone calls from the IRS!!, W/H & ES questions/recalculations, catching up on neglected biz clients, etc. Haven't even started on any extensions yet. Will vacation for a couple of days from Mothers' Day visiting my son and his wife, staying at their Inn at Starlight Lake, PA, and seeing the bakery they opened in Hancock, NY; stepdaughter will come for a day or two with a friend, so whole family.

I think it's because Elrod wouldn't share his bananas.

I am here, not getting anything done. Soooo much to do. I need some down time, and I am NOT going to get it. This is like the biggest adrenaline let down ever.

Where did everybody go? I don't know, but I have seen four letters from IRS that are dated in the future. Apparently, THEY have jumped in their time machine and are cavorting with Emmett Brown and Marty McFly. I suppose they already know the answers to the questions in these four letters, too. That's good, cause I am goofing around online.

• Like 1

All the folks I told to contact me after tax season called/emailed on Wednesday. NEXT year, I will specify "first week of MAY!!" instead. Sheesh. Along with Rita I desperately need time off and will NOT be getting it. However, I did take ONE day last weekend to go to the folk arts festival and spent the afternoon dancing. That was fun!

... I don't know, but I have seen four letters from IRS that are dated in the future....

Notices from the IRS are printed 14 days before the date on the notice. Then they travel through the miles of the IRS maze and if all is good, they get mailed on the printed date. I have seen notices dated as much as 5 days after the client receives them.

This brings up the question... With all that can happen in a two week period, how can my clients know if a notice is valid or not? I posed this question to an IRS assistant on the preparer priority line, and his answer was... "You have to call."

Gotta love our job security!!

All the folks I told to contact me after tax season called/emailed on Wednesday. NEXT year, I will specify "first week of MAY!!" instead. Sheesh. Along with Rita I desperately need time off and will NOT be getting it. However, I did take ONE day last weekend to go to the folk arts festival and spent the afternoon dancing. That was fun!

Yeah, and I will tell first-time extensioners (is that a word?) that they have until October 15. Do not call me to check on the status of your return on April 18. Actually, I DID that. What the crap?

If I don't keep at it for a while every day, I will not want to go back to it. Finished and filed my own this AM. Extensions, amendments, payroll, sales tax etc, lurking in the boxes on the floor. Finally got DSL upgraded yesterday to a new provider. Was actually going to escape for a while today, but my car has been sitting in the garage for so long, it would not start. That's one way to save on gas. Sure do miss all the guys and gals chatting here. Made appointment for RTRP. The slots are going fast. Not looking forward to six hours on the road and three hours being tested, but what ya gonna do?

I finally had to fill up my gas tank again on Sunday-the last time was March 9! I did use the car to go to the bank and post office, and dog & cat food runs. My insurance provider called up to ask about mileage per year, since I put down pleasure only and 5k or less. I was able to tell them at the time I had put about 300 miles on the car since 12/31 since I write down my mileage each year (good accountant/tax pro that I am!). Its still at less than a thousand for the year.

I do love working from home!

• Like 1

Well, we finally got home late afternoon yesterday. Thank God and thank all of you wonderful friends who's prayers and kind words helped me get through that full month of hospital time. Doctor expects him to need the catheter for at least a month, if not permanently, so leaving him alone is going to be impossible. But it's still wonderful to be home.

• Like 2