ATX Community

12.10 Download

Randall

I just did. Six and a half minutes to load on my new (fast) laptop. This is my personal computer, used as a guinea pig. I am running slow but sure on my work computer - and taking no chances on an update shutting me down.

Jim

Edit: Second time I opened the program it took 10 seconds (WOW), hope this cures the network people!

On the ATX board feedback is all over the place. Some are reporting no problems, with increased speed.

Some people which were previously having lots of problems are still having the same problems. One new problem being reported by a number of users is that updating to 12.10 is unchecking all of the returns checked completed. A few users are now totally dead in the water. Since I am currently running troublefree, just slower, I think I will hold off on updating for a while.

• Like 1

I just installed 12.10 on my server, then on each workstation I uninstalled the ATX2012 workstation program, deleted the folder with the remnants of the program, rebooted, then ran netsetup again. Currently we have 5 people using it simultaneously and no crashes or issues yet. 15 minutes and running.

Now been 1 hour. No crashes, no missing information.... Workstations are working faster. E-file process is faster. Stay tuned for further updates....

I just installed 12.10 on my server, then on each workstation I uninstalled the ATX2012 workstation program, deleted the folder with the remnants of the program, rebooted, then ran netsetup again. Currently we have 5 people using it simultaneously and no crashes or issues yet. 15 minutes and running.

Now been 1 hour. No crashes, no missing information.... Workstations are working faster. E-file process is faster. Stay tuned for further updates....

Left at 4:00 4 hours. Even on the one remaining XP machine, no crashes, no data loss, no missing information, able to create e-files. Only glitch is a 6 year old machine I installed Windows 7 on doesn't seem to like to open the program. Actually had 7 people using the program simultaneously. All seem to work faster. Quicker program opening, return opening, rollover, e-file creation etc. Not rocket fast, but better than yesterday.

• Like 1

Left at 4:00 4 hours. Even on the one remaining XP machine, no crashes, no data loss, no missing information, able to create e-files. Only glitch is a 6 year old machine I installed Windows 7 on doesn't seem to like to open the program. Actually had 7 people using the program simultaneously. All seem to work faster. Quicker program opening, return opening, rollover, e-file creation etc. Not rocket fast, but better than yesterday.

Thanks for the updates Jack. I have not installed the 12.10 update yet. Been too busy all day. Plans are to install it late tonight when all the bugs are asleep. (I think that helps).

So it's good to know it's working in your environment as I believe we have a similar set up. Server with 6 workstations.

• Like 1

Thanks for the updates Jack. I have not installed the 12.10 update yet. Been too busy all day. Plans are to install it late tonight when all the bugs are asleep. (I think that helps).

So it's good to know it's working in your environment as I believe we have a similar set up. Server with 6 workstations.

Download the file from the website. Follow the instructions for installing EXACTLY as shown on the download page. I am on my standalone computer at home now. Faster, no crashes and none of the problems others have been seeing.

• Like 2

On a stand alone system?

Mine is and working well. I just entered most of a very complicated return and had no glitches. Earlier, I had a problem with Print Page but that cleared itself up. Remember to close program, download update, install update, REBOOT and then open program.

• Like 1

Stand-alone XP system. installed a rather painless and quick update to 12.10. No issues. program and returns now open slightly faster, but still noticeably slower than 2011. One HUGE improvement (at least for me) is the improvement of the client letters....specifically an issue where if OH state and OH school were e-filed and OH local was mailed, the Federal Letter refused to see the OH local as mailed...instead, it would insist the OH local was being e-filed. Since there is no e-file form for OH local, the Federal letter would print an error message instead of telling clients where to mail the OH local return. The only option was to delete the OH local letter to remove the error message.

This issue has been resolved with 12.10

I hesitate to say this...and knock on wood as I do...but at least for me....this program is getting better.

• Like 1

I am still running slow on fixed assets..I have also crashed a couple of times :( It has periods of times when it runs faster and then it starts to buzz out on me. I do run multiple tasks so that may cause me some problems..but never has in the past. I have powerhouse computers..and run on a network. We will see. Creating efiles is a bit faster. Still have issues with 1099g Ghost appearances. Oh well maybe tomorrow will be better...seems to work better in the 1120 and 1065 and creates very fast. Heres to hoping