ATX Community

Irrational Fear

MsTabbyKats

I have not e-filed the wrong return. I create the e-file with the 8879S in front of me so I can double check the amount that the client signed off on before I create the e-file. I've never had that be different either but its how I ensure I am doing the right thing. You might also be a little weird or have a little OCD but we all have our quirks. Find something that lets you check one thing and then let it go mentally knowing that you have completed your check.

LOL....no, you don't get the point. I have everything...and everything right in front of me. I double check...triple check....check the name, make sure the refunds match...everything. I just have this fear that one day I'll open the wrong return and e-file it.

It's never happened...because I am uber -conscientious. But mistakes happen......

Whatever....I also have an irrational fear of mice. I used to work in a lab with white mice...but freak out if I see one of those grey critters race across the floor.

My fear is not that I will file the wrong return - it is that I will miss filing a return that I should file!

I am with you on that one. I hate that there's not a tab for returns where the e-file has NOT been created, so I can look at that once in while. I always have a few, like the two I rolled over so I could mail them 1040-ES. I suppose I could then delete them, and rollover again when they show up in October. Also have two others that I had to paper file, one amended, etc.

I have an irrational fear that I will never finish on time; that we will not have a program to work with next year, and/or that I might do bodily harm to one of my clients before the season is over. Well, probably not bodily harm, but I came mighty close today to losing my temper and telling a client who called me and said "You have to fix it!" to telling her to fix it herself. It wasn't even an tax issue; it was a cosmotology license renewal that she has been bugging me about all week. For crying out loud, what is wrong with these people? I need, and intend to have, a good cry. Today is my oldest son's birthday and fortunately we all consider the number 13 to be very lucky. :slap:

• Like 3

My baby girl turns twenty (TWENTY -- when on earth did THAT happen?!?!?!) on Sunday. She wants her birthday dinner on Friday so she has time to eat her leftovers before she goes back to school after spring break on Sunday afternoon. I ordered her cake today. And I have bronchitis and a fever and don't know if I'll even be able to go have a celebratory dinner with her. Wah.

I am feeling more than a little overwhelmed and pouty right now. Whining mope over; thanks for being good sports and not heaving bricks at me through the computer!

• Like 1

I have an irrational fear that I will never finish on time; that we will not have a program to work with next year, and/or that I might do bodily harm to one of my clients before the season is over. Well, probably not bodily harm, but I came mighty close today to losing my temper and telling a client who called me and said "You have to fix it!" to telling her to fix it herself. It wasn't even an tax issue; it was a cosmotology license renewal that she has been bugging me about all week. For crying out loud, what is wrong with these people? I need, and intend to have, a good cry. Today is my oldest son's birthday and fortunately we all consider the number 13 to be very lucky. :slap:

Take a nice long bubble bath......pamper yourself.

When people ask me to do anything not related to tax work I tell them I will gladly help...after 4/15.

They respect your expertise....that's why they ask you to do these things.

My baby girl turns twenty (TWENTY -- when on earth did THAT happen?!?!?!) on Sunday. She wants her birthday dinner on Friday so she has time to eat her leftovers before she goes back to school after spring break on Sunday afternoon. I ordered her cake today. And I have bronchitis and a fever and don't know if I'll even be able to go have a celebratory dinner with her. Wah.

I am feeling more than a little overwhelmed and pouty right now. Whining mope over; thanks for being good sports and not heaving bricks at me through the computer!

You need a hot bubble bath too.........

• Like 1

I had my assistant key her first return today, besides her own. I'm going to find a few more easy ones she can start on while I have appointments tomorrow. And she brought me a rocking new client that I met with today. I am feeling better about things today for some reason! And it got up to 80 degrees too.

• Like 2

I had my assistant key her first return today, besides her own. I'm going to find a few more easy ones she can start on while I have appointments tomorrow. And she brought me a rocking new client that I met with today. I am feeling better about things today for some reason! And it got up to 80 degrees too.

That really just isn't fair! My girl comes in tomorrow morning and her desk is piled. I sure could have used her to run interference today. She isn't even close to learning how to key in a return but she does all the busy work and is keeping my bookkeeping data entry caught up; bills paid and keeping things tidy.

Today my printer acted like a brat, pretending to have paper jams and be out of paper. Then my wireless mouse died. I mean dead as four o'clock. Put in fresh batteries - nothing. THEN, the wireless keyboard went on strike. Fortunately, I had wired ones I could use, but I was pretty wired at that point. I was talking to myself, making statements, assuming...