ATX Community

Amortization software

cpabsd

I have a 2004 V of Broderbunds "Family Lawyer" which allows you to create amortization schedules as well as promissory note. I did hear that they were trying to ban those programs. I did see, however, that our Credit Union web site has a free amortization schedule creator that you can use to figure out what you payments would be in whatever set of circumstances.

I picked up a CD called Legalpoints (I think) that had all sorts of legal documents that you could fill and print out. I was going to use it and showed it to my lawyer client. Glad I did, because I would have been in big trouble with the state if I used that in my tax practice. So now it is only for personal use only.

If you are using Excel and want something preformatted that looks nicer to give to a client, you can use one of the templates available online. With excel open, press F1 to bring up the help box and enter "loan amortization". There will be plenty to choose from.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of financial calculators built into the RIA Checkpoint research that I purchased for this season, and my tax software also has a loan amortization schedule free for all to use.

My out of the box website by CCH's Site Builder has a lot of built-in Financial Tools for Loans and other topics, such as this Amortizing Loan Calculator:

http://www.dollarssense.com/financial_tools.html

Maybe the above or one of the other tools on that page would meet your needs for free.

PS I agree that Excel has some handy templates that you already own. Check them out before you spend money.

• Like 2