ATX Community

Holy Cow, Where are my balloons?

michaelmars

100% of all payroll DONE as of 9:00PM yesterday. Federal and State.

Those that waited till yesterday to send me information are experiencing a 50% increase in the fees! If I pull off miracles, they are gonna pay....

All quarterly and year end sales tax returns done as well.

I also made my deadline, it was down to one sales tax return that usually gives me huge problems, this time was right on the dot, and three separate payroll runs with checks due out yesterday. I was extremely stressed, phone rang off the wall, people showed up without appointments, and everyone on earth wanted to come in yesterday. I am beginning to hate January 31 with a passion! What made it worse is that it fell on Friday, even in the off season this day is my busiest

100% of all payroll DONE as of 9:00PM yesterday. Federal and State.

Those that waited till yesterday to send me information are experiencing a 50% increase in the fees! If I pull off miracles, they are gonna pay....

I also got all my payroll returns done and out the door, plus quarterlies etc. Phew! Now, of course, there will be the steady trickle of 1099s that come in late, every year. Those get charged more -- and the one guy who gave me his 2012 1099 info in NOVEMBER of 2013 got charged TRIPLE. Maybe this year I'll get the info by, I dunno - March maybe?

I've only filed one 1040 so far. I had one all ready to go, but got an e-mail telling me that one figure he gave me didn't agree with a 1099 he had just received. I may wait another week before attempting to file any more 1040s. I've e-filed some 1120s, 1120Ss and 1065s, since they don't usually have 1099s or other forms that affect income or expenses.