ATX Community

ATX charging per e-file, i purchased unlimited efile

fjocpa

Is there anyone else out there being charged per e-file by ATX after having purchased unlimited e-file?

What a bunch of crooks this new management... horrible non-existent customer service (have called several times with no luck). First is the $10 they steal for any bank products including RACs now the efile...

Is there anyone else out there being charged per e-file by ATX after having purchased unlimited e-file?

What a bunch of crooks this new management... horrible non-existent customer service (have called several times with no luck). First is the $10 they steal for any bank products including RACs now the efile...

Where are you seeing the efiling fee?

Eli

I got a billing notice too, but nothing there, even though I've efiled many.

Did have that $10 charge though, and I don't do bank products. What do we do to get that removed? Or can we? I didn't pay attention to the complaints (Bulldog Tom are you out there?) because I was locked out of ATX at the time,and figured it didn't apply to me because I don't do bank products.

At least my efiling is going smooth, and so is the program.

BUT I CAN'T FILE WITH THE EDUCATION CREDITS!!! WHY??? OH ATX MUST SUCK!!! (tongue in cheek) But I do want my ten bucks back.

What are these billing notices people are reporting? I have not received one. I just checked the Billing Report at MyATX and it shows: No billing information was found for the office and billing period selected. I am using MAX - are the people seeing these notices using something different?

BUT I CAN'T FILE WITH THE EDUCATION CREDITS!!!

According to the MyATX web site, the 8863 is scheduled to be approved on 2/12/08.

This is of course not an ATX problem, but a government issue. See: http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=176605,00.html . Based on this article, it is not clear to me how ATX can do any better on this one. Sure their customer support is pitiful this year, but lets not let emotion override facts.

Here is part of that IRS article (Dec. 28, 2007):

The upcoming tax season is expected to start on time for everyone except for certain taxpayers potentially affected by late enactment of the Alternative Minimum Tax “patch.” Following extensive work in recent weeks, the IRS expects to be able to begin processing returns for the vast majority of taxpayers in mid-January. However, as many as 13.5 million taxpayers using five forms related to the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) legislation will have to wait to file tax returns until the IRS completes the reprogramming of its systems for the new law.

IRS has targeted Feb. 11, as the potential starting date for taxpayers to begin submitting the five-related returns affected by the legislation. The February date allows the IRS enough time to update and test its systems to accommodate the changes without major disruptions to other operations related to the tax season. See IRS News Release 2007-209 and these questions and answers for more information.

Returns that include the following forms cannot be filed until Feb. 11, 2008:

Form 8863, Education Credits

Form 5695, Residential Energy Credits

Schedule 2, Form 1040A, Child and Dependent Care Expenses for Form 1040A Filers

Form 8396, Mortgage Interest Credit

Form 8859, District of Columbia First-Time Homebuyer Credit

Where are you seeing the efiling fee?

Eli

I am seeing the e-file fee on my credit card. I called and was told that the program I had did not include free e-filing as of in the past. I have the 1040 (Saber) with 3 states. Because of this, I am being charged $3. for federal and $2. for state. I might as well pay the extra $200. because the benefit I get will outweigh the cost that I would pay.

I wish I had known this before, however, it might have been an oversight on my part when I ordered the program.

I am seeing the e-file fee on my credit card. I called and was told that the program I had did not include free e-filing as of in the past. I have the 1040 (Saber) with 3 states. Because of this, I am being charged $3. for federal and $2. for state. I might as well pay the extra $200. because the benefit I get will outweigh the cost that I would pay.

I wish I had known this before, however, it might have been an oversight on my part when I ordered the program.

From this and other problems I've heard about, I think those with the lower products (saber, zillion forms) are the ones experiencing the difficulties. I've always gotten the MAX program with all states, and unlimited efiling, whether I needed it or not. Fortunately, it's been pretty smooth sailing for me. I can't guess what CCH will do but it seems these piecemeal programs might be the ones that go. Hopefully, they'll keep ATX even though they may only offer the MAX whole package product. It would be easier for them in their marketing/pricing policy instead of trying to keep tabs of what they've offered here and there.

In all fairness to ATX it was disclosed on all information I received. I however held out and did not renew early and eventualy received an offer for the program less the early renewal discount and I agreed to pay a flat fee of $200.00 for unlimited e-file. In my case that represents approximately $1.00 more per return for e-file instead of the $5.00 that they originally wanted.

It's my understanding however, that as the year came to an end they were not offering deals like mine.

Deb!