ATX Community

April Fools seemed to get missed here

michaelmars

I know we are all busy but I still can't avoid pulling some pranks. Lets hear what everyone did, I did a few, here is my best.

I Xeroxed a paperclip and then made a couple of hundred copies of it. Loaded the paper bin and asked an intern to make me a copy of a few pages. when I got them back I pointed out the clip image on the paper and said there must be a paper clip stuck in the machine....

..... 3 hours later he was still trying to take apart the machine looking for a stuck paper clip.

• Like 8

I know we are all busy but I still can't avoid pulling some pranks. Lets hear what everyone did, I did a few, here is my best.

I Xeroxed a paperclip and then made a couple of hundred copies of it. Loaded the paper bin and asked an intern to make me a copy of a few pages. when I got them back I pointed out the clip image on the paper and said there must be a paper clip stuck in the machine....

..... 3 hours later he was still trying to take apart the machine looking for a stuck paper clip.

You should fire him since you made 200 copies of the clip. He should try another tray or check the paper. He still has paper with the clip on the tray.

That gives employers a good idea to try on April 1. See how stupid their employees are. I wonder how many times they have tricked and I wonder how many jobs I have lost in April.

Our long time receptionist who also does all of our collating left in March with only a few days notice, she got a government job and had to start right away....We hired the 2nd person we interviewed who has been doing great. I had her go into my partners office yesterday and give 1 weeks notice [leaving the week before 4/15] He turned so many shades of red I thought he was going to stroke out on me.

• Like 2

A client was told by his co-workers that CT was giving out $50-100 rebates, but you had to call by last night. His wife called me to inquire, but then apologized in embarrassment as hubby's co-workers were yelling April Fool.

Years ago at Block, driving home very, very late, I sat at a stop sign waiting for it to change for I don't know how long before realizing it was not a stop light but a stop SIGN and was not going to change and it was alright to go! (That's why I love my OIH.)

• Like 4

Our long time receptionist who also does all of our collating left in March with only a few days notice, she got a government job and had to start right away....We hired the 2nd person we interviewed who has been doing great. I had her go into my partners office yesterday and give 1 weeks notice [leaving the week before 4/15] He turned so many shades of red I thought he was going to stroke out on me.

Michael, you are mean as a snake. Kudos to you. ;)

Not much April Fools pranking went on here. My 9 year old did come in from school and said, "Mom, when did you get braces?" When I looked at him and said, "What are you talking about?," he yelled, "April Fools! I got you!" I don't think he really understands how April Fools works.

• Like 3

This is on one me.

In addition to tax prep/accounting, I'm also a pastor. Sunday morning our children's ministry leader thought it would be hilarious to hide my Bible and sermon notes!

I didn't find them until about five minutes before service time! I didn't think that was near as funny as the time I did the same thing to someone else ^_^ !

• Like 7

This is on one me.

In addition to tax prep/accounting, I'm also a pastor. Sunday morning our children's ministry leader thought it would be hilarious to hide my Bible and sermon notes!

I didn't find them until about five minutes before service time! I didn't think that was near as funny as the time I did the same thing to someone else ^_^ !

Take the sermon notes, copy them in the copier in mirror image, then replace the originals with the copies....

• Like 2

I just saw this article today. It happened on 3/31 where two of the hosts of The View ( Jenny McCarthy and Sherri Shepherd) went topless on the show. At first, before I read the article I thought it was an April Fools joke but later realized, after reading it, that it was just sad. :blush:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/sherri-shepard-jenny-mccarthy-topless-view-article-1.1740846

Now a few years ago Sherri Shepherd admitted she didnt know that the world was round and boy that was funn ... um nope just sad again.