ATX Community

NT-It's Official! Spring has sprung!

gfizer

I've got crocus, and the daffodils are almost ready to open. I'm also seeing the start of growth on the roses and my weeping cherry tree has buds. :)

Last night I was very pleased to see grass turning green and earthworms. Sounds silly or corny, I know, but I love this time of year and to see all the things growing after the winter.

Brown and dead and temperatures are going to drop 20 degrees. My crocuses got buried during the ice storm of 2010; that might've been when we lost the daffodils and day lilies, too. Guess I should do some planting this year. No green buds on the trees, but they're pollinating and stirring up my allergies!

I love spring, too. We will probably have to start mowing within the next week or so. I don't think I will even mind that after this past winter.

Rub it in! I just want to see all of the snow gone! And the permafrost not be so muddy in the driveway... We may hit 40 today though... mid 30's tomorrow.

Hope we do not run out of heating oil, it cost $1k in March to fill. So sick of Winter! :(

Rub it in! I just want to see all of the snow gone! Any the permafrost not be so muddy in the driveway... We may hit 40 today though... mid 30's tomorrow.

Hope we do not run out of heating oil, it cost $1k in March to fill. So sick of Winter! :(

One of my friends (in NH) has a daily picture on facebook of the snow between him and his grill, out on the porch. When the snow pile is gone, it will officially be spring, he says. This morning it was about the size of a loaf of bread.

• Like 1

Rub it in! I just want to see all of the snow gone! Any the permafrost not be so muddy in the driveway... We may hit 40 today though... mid 30's tomorrow.

Sorry. I feel for you. We had so much snow this winter that my kids even got tired of going out to play in it. They were begging to go back to school! We were planning our vacation last week and I told them we had decided to go to Alsaka. I thought there was going to be mutiny.

Hope things warm up for you soon!

• Like 1