ATX Community

Does Drake let you cancel membership

Naveen Mohan from New York

I had used ATX for the last ten years. This year I signed up for Drake but then my wife suddenly became critically ill and she still is critically ill so I am not able to have time to learn the program and now it is actually time to do the return. so I am thinking of cancelling Drake and going back to ATX to save time.

I am a one man shop.

Do you think it is a good idea? if so Do you think Drake will let me do that and if so is there a penalty? How do I go about doing that? The reason I am asking is that couple years ago I lost money in TRX where they kept all of my money even though I cancelled before the start of the tax season.  

Thanks for your help.

Naveen Mohan

It depends on your purchase date and whether or not you've activated or filed any returns. I've sent you a PM here on this forum with the refund section of the license agreement and the contact phone numbers.  I would call Drake first thing in the morning, explain your situation, and ask if you would be able to recoup your purchase price.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's illness, and I hope that she will recover and regain her full health. 

Naveen,

First and fore most - I pray to the Living God that you and your wife will find peace in your situation.  I pray to the Living God for a very special blessing upon your wife and you and ask that He will hold you and your wife in the palm of His hand at this - your hour of need.  I will pray for you and her.

As to cancelling Drake - at whatever the cost, you are better off staying with something you know at this time.  I speak from experience, somewhat.  I left ATX last year and on February 6th, 2014 my wife's step-dad (who was much more like an extremely very, very dear friend to both her and I) lost his battle with cancer and passed on.  Frankly, my life would have been somewhat less stressful at that time had I not also been learning a new software.  And with all of the extra nuances in the preparation stage this year, I would strongly encourage you to avoid a change right now with all the other things going on in your life.

For the record, I would think that Drake would be the last company to hold your feet to the fire.  Call them - and let us know how it goes.

But more important, keep us in the loop about your wife!

God Bless, my friend!

• Like 5

Lots of healing energy to your wife, and may your stress be lifted.

A friend of mine and tax colleague just got out of the hospital from surgery for sarcoma. Not a good time to have to deL with you or a loved one's health! And his wife has had two surgeries for cancer in the last 6 months or so too.