ATX Community

N/T - ideas for a thank you gift basket to another CPA firm

jklcpa

Friends, I need some ideas for a thank you gift basket. Due to a few people being sick including me, I'm submitting my peer review documents closer to the deadline than I'd like, and it will be an inconvenience to this other CPA and his firm to work on this for me now during the busy season. Of course, I'm paying his firm for the work, but I'm also thinking of sending something else for the inconvenience but I don't know what would be nice or where to order.

Fruit seems too messy, and since we all sit at our desks too long and breaks seem nonexistent, I was thinking something more like higher end snacks or goodies that aren't messy, are quick and easy, and not something they'd have in a breakroom.

Have any of you received something that you thought was nice and that would be appropriate, or have you sent something that the recipient really enjoyed?  A client sent me a 6 lb box of Honey Bells from Harry and David that were heavenly, and I could send those, but they are incredibly juicy and messy.  I don't know this CPA personally, and he is not local to me.  Anyone have any ideas?

I received one of those "bouquets" of fruit already cut and on skewers, so it was easy to eat and pretty to look at.  It was some years back when both kids were at home, so we had four of us nibbling on it for a couple of days.  You can get some of the fruit "flowers" dipped in chocolate, also.  I think the franchise is something like Incredible Edibles.  But, I've seen ads for others.  I have a client who sends me a Harry & David box almost every Christmas with an assortment of nuts and Moose Munch and cheeses as well as the pears that I love.  If you have some of those catalogs that arrive around Valentine's Day and even Christmas, you'll find lots of possibilities for high-end snacks.  Are Mrs. Field's cookies still around?.  And, you could always order the most amazing, huge macaroons from my talented daughter-in-law (also available in chocolate dipped):

http://www.thebakeryhancockny.com/online_orders/default.html

The storefront is closed for the winter, but she still bakes for special orders.  Tell her Rita sent you!

Shari's Berries http://www.berries.com/is similar to Ed Arr and I think even better.  Have been given both; Shari's were better and the packaging was incredible.  You can pick delivery day.  They also have non-fruit items; bite-sized dessert items, popcorn, toffee.  

Swiss Colony also has very nice gifts and they also have cheese gifts, nuts, and baked goods.  We love their petit fours.

http://www.swisscolony.com/

• Like 1