ATX Community

NT - On a more pleasant note

rfassett

I JUST OPENED MY WINDOW!!!!!

There is still three feet of snow outside the window - but the temps are up in the mid-40s and the air is starting to smell like spring.  I think I will leave the window open for an hour or two just to air the place out!  Gosh - does that air feel good!

• Like 11

I had a client come in this morning and ask me if I would reduce my fee this year because she was having some budgeting issues. The last time I saw her, she ran me down in Walmart to show me her boyfriend and tell me they were going to Europe for vacay. She has burned through her dead husband's retirement. I told her, sorry, I can't do that, but I'd be glad to hold your check until you have the money.

She: What do you think about the free tax services?

Me: Not much, what do you think about getting a job? (Yes, I did!)

She: Well, I'm overqualified for everything here. But can I put you down as a reference?

Me: Well, I know nothing about your work qualifications, but I guess I can tell them I prepared your taxes for 12 years. I mean 11.

Anyhow, after she left I got back-to-back new and delightful clients, so yippee for me!

• Like 8

Yippee for you!!! But isn't that how it goes? You get rid of someone like that and just turn around to find a much nicer one standing at your door. That is how my practice has developed into over 99% of the folks I would have over for dinner. There is still a couple that need to be weaned out, but their time will come. I love your response. Keep up the good work!

• Like 4

I'm going to put taxes aside and get out for a nice run this evening...Who knew 50 deg would seem so warm?

Go for it!  I am not much into running - but a nice walk in the woods would be nice but I don't think that will happen quite yet.  Don't think we will see 50 yet but holding at 45 with the sun shining and

MY WINDOW IS STILL UP!!!!!!

• Like 3

I ran once. I was about three and was playing some sort of catch me if you can find me sort of game. I had a brown paper bag over my head to keep me from seeing and I ran full force in to the porch and knocked out my two front teeth. So for about five years I got to sing the song "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth". I am guessing my siblings had something to do with that bag being over my head. I was a middle child, ya know. Try running with your eyes closed - it adds a completely different dimension to the experience. Anybody can run with their eyes open. :)

Oh - and I still battle with a speech lisp as a result of that. For the longest time I could not understand why people would laugh at me when I would say "sit down".

Edited by rfassett
  • Like 8

Bob, you can do it but be sure not to hurt yourself! Our group has Tuesday evening hill or interval workouts and long runs Saturday morning at 7 so I get at least those in. In all this snow and stuff, I have been trying to get on the treadmill at least two other times during the week. This Sunday is a 15K race. Which race are you running?

• Like 2

I ran once. I was about three and was playing some sort of catch me if you can find me sort of game. I had a brown paper bag over my head to keep me from seeing and I ran full force in to the porch and knocked out my two front teeth. So for about five years I got to sing the song "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth". I am guessing my siblings had something to do with that bag being over my head. I was a middle child, ya know. Try running with your eyes closed - it adds a completely different dimension to the experience. Anybody can run with their eyes open. :)

Oh - and I still battle with a speech lisp as a result of that. For the longest time I could not understand why people would laugh at me when I would say "sit down".

Sounds like they gave you as hard a time as we did my cousin Jerry when we were kids.

It took him a long time to understand why we laughed hysterically every time we told him to say "fire truck".

• Like 1

Speaking of open windows, I've been looking for a reason to post this picture I snapped while driving down the road in Charlotte yesterday.

I think these two are happy it's warm enough for their owner to open the windows...

post-96-0-85028200-1425935229_thumb.jpg

Edited by JohnH
  • Like 4

If you find me dead on a jogging trail just know that I was murdered elsewhere and dumped there.

Priceless! Rita, if you don't mind, I'm going to use those words on a plaque in my office and my house and my game room and my camp and for license plates on my car and on Solana and Mariana (my 2 lazy horses)!

• Like 5

Priceless! Rita, if you don't mind, I'm going to use those words on a plaque in my office and my house and my game room and my camp and for license plates on my car and on Solana and Mariana (my 2 lazy horses)!

By all means. Go right ahead. Besides, I stole it from someone anyway.

• Like 1

I had a client come in this morning and ask me if I would reduce my fee this year because she was having some budgeting issues. The last time I saw her, she ran me down in Walmart to show me her boyfriend and tell me they were going to Europe for vacay. She has burned through her dead husband's retirement. I told her, sorry, I can't do that, but I'd be glad to hold your check until you have the money.

She: What do you think about the free tax services?

Me: Not much, what do you think about getting a job? (Yes, I did!)

She: Well, I'm overqualified for everything here. But can I put you down as a reference?

Me: Well, I know nothing about your work qualifications, but I guess I can tell them I prepared your taxes for 12 years. I mean 11.

Well, she brought her stuff in this morning and apologized. Looks like I will be doing her tax return for 12 years after all. Also said she was on her way to a job interview. I might cry. Nah, that's the coffee wearing off. And where's my Cadbury mini eggs???

Edited by RitaB
  • Like 4

Well, she brought her stuff in this morning and apologized. Looks like I will be doing her tax return for 12 years after all. Also said she was on her way to a job interview. I might cry. Nah, that's the coffee wearing off. And where's my Cadbury mini eggs???

Tough love! More of us need to come to the way you swing your club of love. :)

• Like 5