ATX Community

I may be losing my help..........

Elrod

I had new couple come in today, six W-2s with four states. Seemed shocked (shocked) when I told them it would be 10 - 14 days.

"Wow, we really need the refunds."

Yeah, I guess that's why you waited five weeks after getting your W-2s to find a preparer. Also shocked that I charge per state. Really?? You know, I am less and less surprised at the stupid :poop: people say.

• Like 8

Do you have caller ID?  She could answer any unknown callers by saying, "Gould's Morgue; you stab 'em we slab 'em!"  Some go to Heaven, some go to Hell-O!

Or she could just think of doing that.. sometimes it's almost as much fun without the possibility of saying that to an IRS agent.  

• Like 5

Alas, my biggest problem with pricing is getting employees to understand. One preparer when challenged about how he priced a client, called our pricing policies "guidelines".  :blink:

Several employees even after being trained, still had significant trouble pricing a return. We made a custom copy of the ATX "Billing" form and all it takes is a few clicks of the mouse to price the client correctly. Somehow this is too difficult. Granted, the pricing policy and billing form were designed by a couple of OCD guys (including myself), but they are no more complicated than several tax forms are already. I wish I knew why tax preparers tend to be in such a tearing hurry to get through these forms; they miss things all the time.

When I get a client or prospect on the phone, I can give them a good idea of exactly what they'll be paying for their appointment. But I just can't take every such call.

• Like 2

Elrod:

If your receptionist is getting those calls, that has to be a GOOD thing, right?

I love those calls.  I can have some fun with them, but, it can be a real source of new clients, right? 

I don't get that many, because folks think I will charge too much, but, by extension, clients leave, so we gotta replace them...

My conversion rate on those calls in the past used to be 80-90% became clients.  Now they are not concerned about what they pay.  (Some are, but they have left, so we are cool...)

Rich

• Like 1