ATX Community

Doing everything except what I should be working on...

jklcpa

I have one client that always drags me down.  I've put off working on this business as long as I could.  I've had the bank activity entered and reconciled for days now, but now can only stand to work on it in small doses. I still have all of the expenditures through his credit card to deal with.  I even changed my answering machine message to say that I'd be out the entire day so that I don't have to talk with him until next week, if he calls before then.

I'm staring at the pile of credit card statements and receipts now .... Maybe in a few minutes I'll turn a page of this :poop: .  Oh, first I'll grab some coffee and come back to it, and so it goes.

• Like 7

Why am I procrastinating?  Why do I answer the phone when caller ID tells me not to?  Why do I spend so much time replying to emails?  Why didn't I put on the Catherine/Rita auto respond before I had two dozen emails from the same family and dozens more from other multi-return families?  Why can't I proofread this return I need to get to FedEx today?  I'm going to make a cup of tea now.   :scratch_head:

• Like 6

I just treated my office to Sub sandwiches (hot, cheesy ones made at a local shop with homemade/made daily bread).  I at an entire sandwich and a bag of nacho cheese doritos (I'm kind of a health nut, so this was a big deal).  We celebrated firing a couple of clients.

I need a nap!

• Like 5

You guys are killing me! I would be so miserable if I couldn't come here and see what everyone is up to. I suspect that there will be problems at home for the wife of a long term client of mine. The husband (client since he was in college, love him!) called me today and asked if I could still get his return finished by 4/15 since he just found out his wife didn't bring it in. I told him that I was so sorry, but I am so far behind that I would have to put him on extension. I nicely asked if he realized that I had not been paid for last year and he had no idea that it had not been paid or that my statements had been ignored. There were no problems last year, but two years ago, she made me cry when she unleashed on me when they weren't done until 4/13 and they came in after my deadline anyway. 

• Like 3

You guys are killing me! I would be so miserable if I couldn't come here and see what everyone is up to. I suspect that there will be problems at home for the wife of a long term client of mine. The husband (client since he was in college, love him!) called me today and asked if I could still get his return finished by 4/15 since he just found out his wife didn't bring it in. I told him that I was so sorry, but I am so far behind that I would have to put him on extension. I nicely asked if he realized that I had not been paid for last year and he had no idea that it had not been paid or that my statements had been ignored. There were no problems last year, but two years ago, she made me cry when she unleashed on me when they weren't done until 4/13 and they came in after my deadline anyway. 

She probably didn't bring it in because she knew she had not paid you for last year.  But even if he's a nice guy, he surely knows his wife well enough that he should not have left it up to her to deliver something as important as the tax return info.  Or at least called much sooner to be sure you "had everything you needed".  She sounds like someone [we've all had a client or three like this] who puts off anything unpleasant, as if it will magically 'go away' if ignored long enough. 

• Like 2

The wife just showed up with a check for last year! She claims that she had to stop payment on the check today because she left one here last April. Funny, how all of my statement's must have been lost in the mail so she didn't know that she still owed me. She was lying like a rug.

Yep, like a penny in the parking lot of the grocery store.

• Like 2

The wife just showed up with a check for last year! She claims that she had to stop payment on the check today because she left one here last April. Funny, how all of my statement's must have been lost in the mail so she didn't know that she still owed me. She was lying like a rug.

"Please send me the charge statement from the bank for the stop payment charge, including the check number and the date it was written.  I will refund you that charge."

See how THAT goes up her ......  ......   nose....

• Like 4

Update - I made it through the credit card statements without too much effort!  I did reward myself with 2 Nutter Butter cookies and the last of the coffee.   Just thought you all should know.

Well darn it, I was going to put a smiley and then realized that I have a headache because it's after 4:30 and I forgot to eat lunch. I guess those 2 cookies were it. <_<

No, you guys get my smiley after all, because I can move on to this guy's return now. Hooray for that, anyway!  :lol:

• Like 4

Judy, I just ate a GS peanut butter cookie because I was on the phone so long talking to someone. I love peanut butter cookies! 

Me too.  I am eating a box of do-si-dos right now with my coffee.  Does lunch get any better than that?  Wait, lunch?  OK - I missed lunch.  Isn't this a great supper?

• Like 4

Yes, I buy 10-15 boxes of GS Tag-a-longs.  I limit myself to a 5 cookies a day.  There are 3 rows of 5 in each box, so I am good until after the 15th!

Judy, Glad you got thru the credit card statements.

NECPA:  I would have looked at her and said: So, this is payment for THIS years return, I will take another check for LAST year....

(Big Smile)

;)

Rich

• Like 3

Yes, I buy 10-15 boxes of GS Tag-a-longs.  I limit myself to a 5 cookies a day.  There are 3 rows of 5 in each box, so I am good until after the 15th!

Said like a true accountant!  This made me laugh because we think like this.  My husband would have eaten a whole row, or half of a row if it's a large package.

• Like 4

Eek! My son is bringing his girlfriend over tonight after we celebrate an early Easter at my sister's tonight. We had not planned on having anyone here (grandkids don't count) so the house is very cluttered upstairs. I just keep the downstairs looking good during tax season. Instead of working, I have been shoving stuff in closets and cleaning like a crazy person. I will have to burn the midnight oil after they leave, but I'm glad to have him around and she is a super nice girl.

• Like 3

A client knocked on my door today while I was walking past, no hiding possible.  Also, no shower, no brushed teeth or combed hair, just my flannel jammies and a fleece top over it all with slippers.  We talked at the door a good long time as she dropped of their materials so I can compute amounts for extensions.  Hope I didn't scare her too badly.

Hubby will cook a ham and thaw out Cosco mac & cheese and nuke green beans and said he bought Easter chocolate for Sunday.  I set my alarm so I can make it to church.  Tonight I told him he has to have dinner at 6:09 so I can watch MSU in the Final Four!  He's making breakfast for dinner, probably omelets.

• Like 6