ATX Community

1099/1096 software

TAG

1 hour ago, Lion EA said:

QuickBooks or whatever bookkeeping software you have your records in anyway.

I was gonna say.  I use Peachtree I mean Sage to keep books.  But I don't e-file W-2s or 1099s as there is a fee for the service, and I really don't hate the good old days of mailing things.  Is it really much better to e-file W-2s and 1099s?  I've just never bothered to try it, got my routine down, and old habits die hard they say.  I mail all of mine at the end of February.

• Like 3

Other benefits of e-filing are that it eliminate the need for red forms for the 1099s, the printer alignment issues, and both the W-2s and 1099 series have an additional month tacked on to the filing date with the e-file due date of March 31st.  That due date gives more flexibility for us and can be useful if there is something typed in wrong on the form. We know that some clients don't look at the year-end forms that are mailed to them, so if their tax preparer finds something wrong, we have the extra time to correct  the original filing it if it hasn't been submitted, rather than filing more forms as corrected ones.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, TAG said:

What 1099/1096 software have you found that's will print copies to be mailed and can be E-filed to the IRS?

BUSIFORMS.COM : a small outfit in Chattanooga.  My print version (very simple/good) is $59.95.  Efile version is also offered, but I don't know the cost.

1 hour ago, jklcpa said:

Other benefits of e-filing are that it eliminate the need for red forms for the 1099s, the printer alignment issues, and both the W-2s and 1099 series have an additional month tacked on to the filing date with the e-file due date of March 31st.  That due date gives more flexibility for us and can be useful if there is something typed in wrong on the form. We know that some clients don't look at the year-end forms that are mailed to them, so if their tax preparer finds something wrong, we have the extra time to correct  the original filing it if it hasn't been submitted, rather than filing more forms as corrected ones.

7 hours ago, kcjenkins said:

The only significant advantage is that you have proof of the filing, versus mailing them.   

All good and true advantages.

15 hours ago, RitaB said:

I was gonna say.  I use Peachtree I mean Sage to keep books.  But I don't e-file W-2s or 1099s as there is a fee for the service, and I really don't hate the good old days of mailing things.  Is it really much better to e-file W-2s and 1099s?  I've just never bothered to try it, got my routine down, and old habits die hard they say.  I mail all of mine at the end of February.

Hi Rita: Nice to hear from you again (and thanks for your support on fees the other day).  I do the same as you do and while the folks above are right, I feel more in control this way since I dislike e-flinging (as JohnH would put it) figures into thin air .  For some clients I get the 1096 signed and simply keep it until enough time for corrections passes and it's safe to mail (this probably won't work next time - I've heard IRS wants their copies by 1-31-17).  But while they say you cain't teach an old dog new tricks, I've learned that IRS can MANDATE some and we'll probably have to get horseless carriages before long.  Anyhow, I'm hangin' out in the Jurassic era  until they come and GPS me. default_smile.png Best regards, BB.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BLACK BART said:

BUSIFORMS.COM : a small outfit in Chattanooga.  My print version (very simple/good) is $59.95.  Efile version is also offered, but I don't know the cost.

All good and true advantages.

Hi Rita: Nice to hear from you again (and thanks for your support on fees the other day).  I do the same as you do and while the folks above are right, I feel more in control this way since I dislike e-flinging (as JohnH would put it) figures into thin air .  For some clients I get the 1096 signed and simply keep it until enough time for corrections passes and it's safe to mail (this probably won't work next time - I've heard IRS wants their copies by 1-31-17).  But while they say you cain't teach an old dog new tricks, I've learned that IRS can MANDATE some and we'll probably have to get horseless carriages before long.  Anyhow, I'm hangin' out in the Jurassic era  until they come and GPS me. default_smile.png Best regards, BB.  

Hey, my good buddy, I buy my forms from Busiforms!  Small, hillbilly world, ain't it??  

Yep, and I also like making my little jaunt to the Post Office, they are a hoot in thar.  David and Will.  I like Jurassic Park and will lay low till the revenuers come fer me.  They gonna be abolished soon, I rekkon anyways. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RitaB said:

Hey, my good buddy, I buy my forms from Busiforms!  Small, hillbilly world, ain't it??  

Yep, and I also like making my little jaunt to the Post Office, they are a hoot in thar.  David and Will.  I like Jurassic Park and will lay low till the revenuers come fer me.  They gonna be abolished soon, I rekkon anyways. 

ernest.jpg

• Like 1

Received an email from Tenenz (aka as Tax-Aid Eagle View) on filing/e-filing 1099, w2,aca and such forms. These are good people (I have not done business since 2011 due to medical BUT they have always honored their word and gotten everything done that they have advertised, etc.) so, please consider them for review.

So EZ On-line 1099 and W-2 Filing as Low as $1.05 - TENENZ, Inc.    -- done manually (womanually probably too :P) excel, QuickBooks, etc.

Here is link to their info site for this: http://www.eagleviewfiling.com/services

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 4:48 PM, TAG said:

What 1099/1096 software have you found that's will print copies to be mailed and can be E-filed to the IRS?

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 6:04 PM, Lion EA said:

QuickBooks or whatever bookkeeping software you have your records in anyway.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 7:51 PM, RitaB said:

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:04 AM, jklcpa said:

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 2:08 PM, RitaB said: