ATX Community

Flat Tire Days

RitaB

I don't know why there are days like that, but you all have them, too.  All.  Day.  Long.

This last one picking up was the first snap of the last straw.  I did a lot of sweating last year projecting what a couple should have withheld for 2015.  APPARENTLY,  they were just kidding and really wanted to know what they should have withheld for shopping spree purposes.  Refund was $527.

Client:  So, did we just not have enough withheld?

Me:  You got a refund.

Client:  Well, we usually get more.

Me:  You got a refund.

Client:  Ok, good job, thanks, see ya next time.  Thanks.  Again.  Thanks.

Coffee, anyone?  Ice cream?  Chocolate?

• Like 9

I had that day yesterday.  EVERY single thing I did was either bolluxed up, took fifteen times longer than it should, or went horribly awry.  Or all of the above.  If I were Rodney Dangerfield, I would have been afraid to use the bathroom!  I was ready to scream or cry or both.

• Like 4

This has been the most plodding tax season ever.  I actually have decent help who is catching on fast.  I still have to go over everything, but I feel lost when she leaves.  We just seem to keep spinning our wheels.  They just keep coming in faster that they are going out.  Oh, and how many clients have dropped their land lines?  A LOT!!!  And, how many clients call just because their spouse was just wondering how we were doing with their taxes.   Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!

• Like 7

12 hours ago, mcb39 said:

And, how many clients call just because their spouse was just wondering how we were doing with their taxes.   Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!

That's when you want to say, "OK,  put your spouse on the line and I'll discuss it with him/her."

• Like 2