ATX Community

YAY CUBS.........

Elrod

I root for the team that is much harder to get to than the ball clubs...

I was glad to see the last batter swing it.  My last TV gig, the cleanup batter took three strikes with the bases loaded, and wanted to argue with me.  "They give you a bat for a reason" was what I was thinking.  Not that I am perfect by far...

• Like 3

What is happening in Chicago today, is the same as it was in Boston, 2004, my first year here.  People smiling at each other, holding open doors, making friendly talk, and just being super nice to each other.   Congratulations Chicago Cubs, you worked hard for this!  What a great gift to the city.

• Like 5

I am not happy the Cubs ruined the even number magic from my Giants......

This just proves that anything can happen.  Does that mean Trump can be elected as President as well?  The Cubs winning the World Series qualifies as "stranger things have happened" 

Judy is going to give me a black mark for this post going political, but I still think it is funny.  Go hit your delete button Judy...

Tom
Newark, CA

• Like 3

As a die-hard Indians fan - through all of the up and down (mostly down) years, I have been a fan.  Even when it was not fashionable to be a fan.  Even when I lived halfway on the other side of the country I was an Indian fans.  I am one that is not at all happy that the Cubs won - or rather that the Indians lost - the series.  I was hoping this was our year and that the Indians could win one in my lifetime. But alas, (and I have this recorded so let me just hit the "play" button) - maybe next year, maybe next year, maybe next year.  Come on Cleveland, I am running out of years. :)

Oh - congratulations Cubs - you earned it!  It was a great series! 

• Like 2