ATX Community

Return Rollover Process

Yardley CPA

With all the updates that come, I believe it is prudent to just roll them when you are ready to work on them.  That said, before the lightening speed of todays computers, one time I rolled them over all at once.  After several hours of my computing time being tied up, I swore never to do that again.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

I roll over as needed until 4/1. Then I go to rollover and check the Not Rolled Over box and roll over the rest to file extensions. Do the same for entities except we do it on 3/1. Even with the new due dates, we find it more logical to do all entities on 3/1.

This is what I do too.  I also like to check 'Incomplete', sort by create date and print a list so I have a to do list in order they came in with info (and how far I'm behind).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Catherine said:

That one item I track on my spreadsheet, and also work on clients in the order their documents came in.  That only seems fair!

We stopped using our spreadsheet and just use ATX. We assign sequential client number as they come in and sort on that column. Also have three user defined columns: Date In, Date Done, Year End.

• Like 3