ATX Community

Vacation During Tax Season?

ETax847

1 hour ago, Catherine said:

I have enough trouble taking time off during the SLOW season!

Although we are going to Missouri next weekend (25/26) for a memorial service for my husband's aunt, who passed away last fall.  Not sure that counts as vacation; fly down, service, fly back. Ugh.

Sorry for your husbands loss Catherine...Have a safe trip.

• Like 4

My wife and I are leaving Mar 29 - Apr 5 for an Israel tour. First trip there  for both of us. I wouldn't necessarily have chosen those dates, but the timing was beyond our control. Anyhow, that means lots of extensions (clients have been warned). 

• Like 4

Client of mine goes to the Masters every few years. He says there are ALWAYS tickets available to buy on the street which shocked me. My wife's cousin did a corporate event at the Masters 2 years ago and confirmed - sponsors get a TON of tickets and whatever is left over get sold to the public. I've gone to the US Open 2x - eventually the Masters will happen but I'm not pushing it with the wife - we do an SEC football trip each season and she never complains.

We generally always schedule vacations for May or September. Gotta go when everyone's kids are in school so that they aren't at our destination. Next summer the wife won't be able to get off work - I'm going BACKPACKING!!!!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, SaraEA said:

I thought it was only clients who take vacations during tax season.  If I hear one more "We're leaving on a cruise so can you have this done by the 1st, or we'll be in FL for the month..."

When they start that with me, I always hand them an extension.

• Like 4

On ‎03‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:50 PM, Roberts said:

Client of mine goes to the Masters every few years. He says there are ALWAYS tickets available to buy on the street which shocked me. My wife's cousin did a corporate event at the Masters 2 years ago and confirmed - sponsors get a TON of tickets and whatever is left over get sold to the public. I've gone to the US Open 2x - eventually the Masters will happen but I'm not pushing it with the wife - we do an SEC football trip each season and she never complains.

We generally always schedule vacations for May or September. Gotta go when everyone's kids are in school so that they aren't at our destination. Next summer the wife won't be able to get off work - I'm going BACKPACKING!!!!

Roberts:

I will score the Tix with some others, and then we will junket down to the Masters.  Probably rent a large RV to sleep in, and of course for me, I will take the laptop to stay on top of things.  I know that Tix are available around the gate, but I do not want to have to guess.  I am in the drawing for Tix that the Masters holds, if I get selected, then that is the year to go....

Otherwise, my golf group goes to North Carolina in Mid-March for 4 days of golf.  Haven't been able to go in the past, but think I can in the future...  I am missing some time during tax season anyway, so might as well continue later with something fun.

Rich 

• Like 4