ATX Community

I need a new Tax Forms Vendor this year

BulldogTom

I have been ordering my 1099s, W2s, W3s and 1096s from Costco for the last several years because the price was so cheap.   I dropped my membership because there is no Costco close to Longview.   I need a new vendor this year for forms, preferably one that sells in smaller quantities (I don't need 100 1099INTs for my 1 client that I prepare them for) and has all the forms.

Thanks

Tom
Longview, TX

3 minutes ago, Lynn EA USTCP in Louisiana said:

Another vendor is tenenz.com 

I have used tenenz, now called TangibleValues.com for many years. Good service, below average prices, never had a single problem.

On a scale of 1 to 5, I would give them a 5, which I rarely do.

I always use an online service for 1099's, since I have to do 4 different kinds of 1099s

• Like 4

I used to get forms from Tenenz/TangibleValues but have moved almost entirely to online services. They'll efile, print, and mail it all - and they always have the perfect number of whatever forms I need.  I believe Tenenz/TV offers that service as well but they started a year or two after I picked an online provider. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mcbreck said:

Yes, why not just order them for free from the IRS? I order in June and have no problem getting them. I don't need the forms but clients sometimes want them and I have them on hand.

Does the IRS even have forms that are laser printer compatible? They always used to be on crappy paper with perforated tear strips and therefor unusable.

Indeed, B&W W2/W3 forms can be used, from approved vendors, since TY 2001.  Look at the output.  There will be a "vendor" code on the output if approved, and you can ask to see the SSA approval letter for the particular tax year.  Use decent quality printer paper, non glossy.  Also, use a laser printer for the best results, although many jet printers will also work (if it is a TY where the form text is not too close to the bottom of the page).

Caution on the IRS free forms.  Generally (have not tested personally in a few years), they work well only for manual fill in.  The alignment is not usually the same as forms approved for computer printing. (Meaning I get, every year, complaints about the free forms not working in someone's printer.)

1099 forms can be B&W printed, except for the red drop out ink copies sent to the IRS.  Some say the IRS accepts the B&W printed forms, but officially, their policy is drop out ink only.

• Like 1