ATX Community

IRS Schedule for Payments after e-file.

Jack from Ohio

Just had this question from a client and had originally told them the return would be direct deposited last friday. But this return missed the IRS deadline for Friday by 1 hour. Sheesh.

Helpful link though!]

Thx

When clients ask, I refer to the chart, and then add.. "These dates are only good if the IRS follow through with the process as they say."

This seems like a good reference to "pin". How about it, web meisters?

(It took me several minutes to hunt it down on the IRS web site a couple of weeks back....)

Here is the link <http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043.pdf> I had the same question last week when I chose the wrong term to use. Instead of cycle I was looking for schedule or calendar.

• 4 weeks later...

I usually just order the pub from the IRS each year, and order enough copies to put one at each desk. That way it is handy no matter where I answer the phone, and whether or not the computer I am standing beside is up and running at the time. After all, the IRS will send me as many as I want for free! ;)

They ran out this year...had them on back order, then sent a letter that they would not be available. I usually just print it off the website and tape it to my desk for quick reference. They are NOT keeping up with the schedule this year anyway. Fed used to always be on a Fri...now they are coming in any day of the week and usually AFTER the Fri shown on the cycle.

and next year, they are going to have balloons and Making Work Pay person, out in front of your office waving a torch.

Good one!

I actually saw a Liberty Tax torch lady yesterday afternoon in a nearby town. I was headed to my daughter's basketball game. Hubby says, "Maybe you should get one of those." No.

Good one!

I actually saw a Liberty Tax torch lady yesterday afternoon in a nearby town. I was headed to my daughter's basketball game. Hubby says, "Maybe you should get one of those." No.

I jokingly tried to talk my husband and son to stand out in the road with that getup on. I had no takers. They also have Uncle Sam at times. No takers on that either.

Do tax preparers wear the costumes and act as barkers, or do they hire separate characters?

They hire separate characters and I understand that they pay them pretty well to stand out there in all kinds of weather making fools of themselves. I do find myself always waving back as we pass by.