ATX Community

I had to check my calendar

MN2V

I couldn't believe my 7 e-mails from ATX today (Sunday Feb 8, 2009).

Like they have nothing else to do?

Several of the e-mails would have been more appreciated in January!

and some of them (Junk Mail type) I don't need at all.

I am not a fan of the Auto Shield...

Did anyone else get this "special attention " when we are the busiest?

I also received the mass e-mails....ATX....if you're gonna send me something, make it an extra cheese & pepperoni pizza...not a bunch of junk e-mails!

I received also recevied around 7. Yes, some dated mid January. What is the scoop of the 'audit shield"product ? Is it anything more than a product to sell a client in case I screw up his/her return? If so, I would not want to buy it if I were a client. If it is a decent product, what is the "sales pitch" yuo should use?

I received also recevied around 7. Yes, some dated mid January. What is the scoop of the 'audit shield"product ? Is it anything more than a product to sell a client in case I screw up his/her return? If so, I would not want to buy it if I were a client. If it is a decent product, what is the "sales pitch" yuo should use?

It's basically a "warranty" in case the program screwed anything up. If _you_ messed up, it would be your E&O insurance on the hook. And the returns most likely to want sucha product (those with schedules C, E, and F) are not eligible.

I put the existence of such a thing in my "welcome to tax season" letter, but have not so much as mentioned it in passing in person.

Catherine

Nothing from ATX, but I have had a letter dated Oct 2008 that I received in Dec 2008, saying someone would call me in a "few days" conducting a survey for the IRS.

Surveyor called Feb 6. 18 minutes, 42 seconds. When she asked how many returns I prepared last year, I said, "Hang on, I'll open the program and look."

"Oh, just give me an estimate," she says.

OK, sounds like a very reliable method to me.

I got two emails from CCH asking me to complete a customer satisfaction survey. I got one email on the same day (this past Sunday, the 8th) giving me my unlock codes for my software. I never received them when I purchased the software. Started bothering sales, got nothing. Eventually called and left a semi-unkind voicemail message. Received a code back. Computer tech came to install software, and the code was incorrect. Called sales, held forever (while computer tech was rightfully billing time), and eventually got a working code. That was in early January. This past Sunday, I get the following:

Below you will find the product activation codes you recently requested from your customer service representative.

Please refer to the documentation which you received with the product for instructions on utilizing the activation code.

If you have any questions or issues concerning these activation codes, please contact our customer service team.

That's incredibly useful! I'm going to go right back to the 2 survey emails they sent at the exact same time and tell them just how great they are.

"I'm going to go right back to the 2 survey emails they sent at the exact same time and tell them just how great they are. "

Good Luck with that. At the same time that I received the emails to help me start up for tax season, I received an email survey about a support issue that I called about in early January. When I followed their link to complete the survey, after entering my customer ID, I got a message that no support incident existed. I think they waited so long thinking we would be too busy in Feb. to complete the survey.

They just wanted to make sure that you understood that you could actually begin doing tax returns before Apr 15