ATX Community

NT: Prayers, please

Catherine

You and your family are in my prayers.

Many thanks to everybody.

Aunt Mary is doing better. She's still weak, but over the weekend there were folks scrambling to get up here to see her one last time; now we're talking about how to make sure she sees everyone (without overtaxing herself) at the planned family reunion in July! And you were right (again) KC; she was glad to see me. I stayed about an hour and also got to see my cousin Nancy (Aunt Mary's youngest, a half-year younger than I) who was there.

Catherine

Many thanks to everybody.

Aunt Mary is doing better. She's still weak, but over the weekend there were folks scrambling to get up here to see her one last time; now we're talking about how to make sure she sees everyone (without overtaxing herself) at the planned family reunion in July! And you were right (again) KC; she was glad to see me. I stayed about an hour and also got to see my cousin Nancy (Aunt Mary's youngest, a half-year younger than I) who was there.

Catherine

Great news! We'll keep praying!

Many thanks to all for their prayers.

Aunt Mary passed away this morning, peacefully, and almost everyone who wanted to was able to see her and talk to her one last time, and she was glad to see everyone who was able to get there. And the ones who didn't make it up were able to call and talk to her during the week, as well. As these things go, it wasn't so bad at all.

Catherine

Many thanks to all for their prayers.

Aunt Mary passed away this morning, peacefully, and almost everyone who wanted to was able to see her and talk to her one last time, and she was glad to see everyone who was able to get there. And the ones who didn't make it up were able to call and talk to her during the week, as well. As these things go, it wasn't so bad at all.

Catherine

My heart goes out to you and your family. I know you are going through many feelings (grief, relief, sadness, happiness) all at the same time. Just know that she is in a better place and take solice in knowing that...just as you described....she was surrounded at the end by a loving family.

I just found the thread.

My sympathy also. I have a sister in law who died recently after a very long battle with cancer and another sister in law with COPD, who continues to struggle.

Fortunately both the sister in law who died and the sister in law who is still living are Christians - we know they will be in Heaven and we will see them again. Very comforting in the struggles of missing them in this world. We take comfort in knowing the "sweet sorrow" of losing a loved one, yet knowing they are in a much better Place!

I hope your Aunt was a Christian and you can look forward to seeing her again in Heaven.

In the meantime, I also will be praying for your comfort and consolation in the family loss and the "adjustments" so necessary at this time.

"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thoughts are fixed on You!" Isaiah 26:3 (New Living Translation)

Catherine, my prayers are with you and your family; having been in your position many times. My Father came from a family of 11 and several of them lived into their 90s; including my Dad. My Mom also passed at 90. Sometimes, it is just time no matter how hard it is to see them leave.