ATX Community

Who is still working 1040's on extension? Holla!

Amy (biznester)

I'm confused! And I am hesitant to call ATX support, because they told me 2 different things the last time I called, and I barely had time to react (long story, don't wanna get my blood pressure up talking about it again, but I did communicate my feelings to William in the questionaire...and never got a rely, I was nice about it too). You guys and gals always know the real deal anyway, so I decided to ask here.

I look at the IRS drain schedule and it says the last drain on 10/15 is 11 a.m. (local time). I look at ATX's drain schedule and it says they tranmit to the IRS at 3 am, noon and 7pm EST (for Austin 1040s which is where mine go).

So, for the first transmittal of a return, in order to be timely filed (not rejected ones), do mine need to be accepted by ATX by 11 a.m. on Monday? Or do mine need to be accepted by ATX by 7 pm?

ETA: Late last night I transmitted a return and received this notice from ATX:

October 12, 2007

Returns transmitted to ATX by midnight October 15, 2007 (your local time) will be considered timely filed by the IRS. Here are three important facts to remember when you transmit those last-minute returns.

· If a return is Rejected by ATX rather than Validated by ATX, you must correct the errors and retransmit the return by midnight on October 15. The most common reason for returns being Rejected by ATX is that forms are not up to date. Please be sure to download the latest form and program updates before you transmit. Returns that are Rejected by ATX and then retransmitted after midnight will miss the October 15 postmark.

· If you transmit a return to ATX by midnight October 15 your local time and the return is Rejected by Agency (the IRS), the return will retain the October 15 postmark and will be considered timely filed if you retransmit the corrected return by 11:00 AM (EST) Saturday, October 20, 2007.

· Transmit only those corrected returns which were previously Rejected by Agency (the IRS) after midnight, October 15. Do not transmit new returns after midnight, October 15.

So, I suppose that means we have until our local midnight to have new returns transmitted AND validated by ATX.

That, my friends, doesn't s*ck so much (as my teenage daughter would say). Just thought I'd pass it on in case anyone wondered. Note to self: keep checking the ACKS in the E-Service Manager....lol. Since I finally decided to be around here one more year, perhaps I can remember that a year from now! Anyway, thanks again for all the help (including you, KC, got your last reply and yes, it's an incredibly small world, and you'd love the suspension bridge that replaced the B-LP tunnel, it's amazing, in fact, I think I might use a photo of it as my avatar here).

Amy aka biznester

Edited by biznester

As I understand the system, the return will be date stamped by ATX when you submit it to them and that will be the official submission time. So any return submitted and acknowledged by ATX by midnight will be considered timely filed. The IRS will still do its drain the next day, but the return will be date stamped.

Even if the IRS rejects it, the original date stamp will remain when it is resubmitted.

I think that is the IRS policy.

Finish the last one today. Sent the client home with a snail mail, did not what to take a chance on the drain with ATX. Also it is now in the client's hands to get it posted. Now if I could just get rid of this cold. Well it's back to Grandma duty with my granddaughter and grandson.

Everybody enjoy the holiday season coming up. It is bound to go fast and we will be up to our necks in taxes again.

Hey hey, good morning ya'll. I am so glad I am not alone. I encountered a really awful return this weekend. It looked completely different from the prior years' returns of this client. Like he decided in 2006 to invest in one of everything and then pulled out at years end. I really hate that when they are so cowardly as to not tell me and then drop the dang thing off the Friday afternoon before deadline. I feel a 100% increase in his bill coming over me, LOL.

Well, back to work for me, have a great day everyone!

I think I'm done.

Just sent one off to client who decided to take a vacation without telling me, so I had to fax return to him and he's taking it from there, have one more coming in this morning to sign (a huge return that I am sooooooo glad to be done with) two more that I am waiting on info for but I'm reasonably sure they will not get it to me in time, so basically I think I'm done!

Of course eveybody keeps reminding me that they will see me in a couple of months! No rest for the wicked!!!! But I thought I've been good all year!

Deb!

I think I'm still waiting for some acks (see post about piggyback states), and one pickup in about an hour and a half (already efiled). One client never sent in his 8879s so I'm not sure what to do. He doesn't actually have a filing requirement because income last year was so low, but I think I have to timely file to get him his $30 TTC (which will be applied to back taxes). Oh well, at least I did get a nap this afternoon. Its was lovely.

Finished with returns; but all of a sudden all of the Workmens' Comp Auditors have decided to call today. Also, finished a payroll and mailed it off only to be faxed a time sheet that came in late. You gotta wonder. However, did find time this evening to have CPU cleaned and dusted inside. Also had flat screen monitor installed. Granddaughter was right here to capture the old one, which has been working fine ever since I jiggled the plug on the VGA connection. Have a new pedestal drop box ready to install and then will start to run Organizers. I customize each one separately per the client to save on paper which has skyrocketed in price. (Along with everything else). I really liked the mini-Organizer as it made this chore so much easier. Congrats to all who finished and have a great new season. My two days of Income Tax School are coming up in less than a month....and on we go from there.