ATX Community

2009 ATX PROGRAM

TAXMAN

So now we have no depreciation schedule? Just totals? I only have a few clients with depreciation, but at least 2 have substantial listings of equipment, etc. Will I now have to manually (excel spreadsheet) maintain this schedule? It would have been nice to know this in advance.

Diane

Mike, I don't think they are picking on the TRX users. So far, I have not noticed a problem with ATX but I haven't really tried to do anything on the new software. I did, however, get an email from ATX (the day after I installed) telling me to only use one of the installation codes they provided with the software and not both. They had given me a code for TTO and one for Payroll Compliance. They said the payroll code overrode the TTO code and would cause the tax program to not work. I did not buy from TRX but direct from ATX. I am waiting until I have a spare hour to really try this out and see what problems it will cause and what I have to do to fix it, but it sounds like it might the same or a similar problem to yours.

I installed the TTO program last week and everything worked fine. Upon reading this thread I attempted to open a corp. client to evaluate the depreciation. To my surprise, I got a message on all types of returns that I cannot proceed as I need to purchase pay per return licensing.

I called and was informed that the install codes were sent out incorrectly and they were good enough to provide me with the correct codes. I reloaded and guess what; the new codes didn’t work either. I suggested that they send me a new disk with the correct codes overnight and email them to me so I can load correctly. They said that they will comply.

In addition I addressed the depreciation issue and they confirmed that the history as well as the future was removed. I asked why we were not formally notified of this and had to find out as we go. They simply apologized. Reminds me of the CPE that used to be part of the package & subtly disappeared. I intend to follow up with an email to the CEO of CCH and let them know how dissatisfied all of us are.

I wonder if this is the case only with those that ordered from TRX?

They never cease to amaze me. I for one will be evaluating other options for 2010.

Please let me know if any of you encountered this issue.

Thanks

Mike Dubin CPA

I ordered thru TRX and am not having the same problem. I rolled over a return without problem. Also created a new retrun and no problem.

although Dep. history is gone.

Still reviewing the rest.

Devm

Mike, I don't think they are picking on the TRX users. So far, I have not noticed a problem with ATX but I haven't really tried to do anything on the new software. I did, however, get an email from ATX (the day after I installed) telling me to only use one of the installation codes they provided with the software and not both. They had given me a code for TTO and one for Payroll Compliance. They said the payroll code overrode the TTO code and would cause the tax program to not work. I did not buy from TRX but direct from ATX. I am waiting until I have a spare hour to really try this out and see what problems it will cause and what I have to do to fix it, but it sounds like it might the same or a similar problem to yours.

I also received that e-mail. Fortunately, I had not tried to install up to that point or yet as have been extremely busy. May try installing it tonight on laptop just to see. Thanks to all for the info. I think it is way too early to get upset. Much worse things have happened in the past and were eventually ironed out.

And now for your entertainment...

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 12/08/2009 9:00 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: Shipping Confirmation From ATX

Dear JACK XXXX

This is to confirm that we have shipped the following:

Product Description Registration/Activation Code

ATX-TTOUNL TTO Unlimited License

ATX-CDROM ATX Disc 1 CD ROM

ATX-TTO ATX Total Tax Office Pkg

Ship to:

JACK XXXX

JR'S TAX PREPARATION

Address removed to

protect the not so innocent!!

Ship date: 23-NOV-09

Shipping Method: FedEx 2DAY Envelope

Tracking number XXXXX3851513

You can track your shipment via the FedEx on-line tracking system at

ww.fedex.com...rs=XXXXX3851513

I hope this is NOT a sign of how customer service is going to be this year!!

Heck, I'm still waiting for the 2008 that they say was sent Nov 3rd. I am waiting for the 1st disc for 2009 and downloaded the online install. Did find the depreciation system has changed and will be contacting them as I want a credit for the full price of the asset manager. They early renewal offer should state in advance that they are reducing functions as they tell what is going to be added. Also, after the renewal date they changed the research system and deleted the All States and Fed Expert discs that I pay a premium for shipping. I also noticed something in initial testing that to get line by line instructions will require anohter subscription to CCH. Also, the references in the Intelleconnect in the US Tax Master are now to the Standard Reporter and not Kleinrock Fed Expert. I am seeing some changes here that are leaving me less than happy.

I have not received my ATX program either. It is now December 9. I have called them two times. Before I got my program by UPS. Now it is coming through the post office. Hope it comes in the next few days. From Nov. 23 to December 9 seems like a long time.

I haven't received my ATX Program disk as yet. I believe the problem was that they changed their way of sending the disk to us. Before I got my disk at my physical address by way of UPS. Now ATX is sending the disk to my post office. But it was not coming to my post office because my shipping address in their records had my physical address and not my post office box number. They had me change my shipping address. I hope to receive the disk next week. Why didn't ATX tell us this sooner? Some towns do not deliver mail to the physical address. You must pick up your mail at the post office.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm running Vista with a 64 bit processor and the program does not always print. in order to get it to print, i have to reboot my computer. every other program works fine and I can print from any other program.....with on exception, ATX. you would think that would have a fix for this by now, it's the third year that 64 bit has been fairly popular. but no luck.