ATX Community

Today I passed the last EA Exam

Pacun

I passed part 3 of the EA exam today.

I went to a conference and a lady came to talk to us about how she passed the exams. She said that she took the easiest one first which was Part 3 (representation). Then she took Part 1, (individuals) and then part 2 (corporations). I thought she was right but after taking all exams, I will suggest you to stick to the order of the exams (Part 1, 2, 3).

I got several questions from part 1 and part 2 on Exam number 3 today. I am pretty sure that I would have failed this exam if I only studied the representation portion of it.

Because I prepare very few business returns, I think the hardest exam is Part 2 (corporations).

Congratulation, Pacun -- and welcome to the EA club!

Thank you to all. We learn a lot here on this forum.

Thank you Catherine, but I still have to send form 23 to the IRS and they will check my credit and my income tax filings. I think I am going to wait until October because if I do it now, I will be required to take clases every month. I will need 2 Continue education credits every month until my partical 3 years expire, correct?

Congratulations, Pacun! I knew you would do it, and I know that it was hard work. As far as your question about the continuing education, you will have to take 2 credits for every month in the first enrollment cycle, but you don't have to take them every month. In other words, if you send in the paperwork now, and you enrollment is approved effective March 20 (assuming the IRS is faster than I would expect them to be), then you would have to take 2 hours for each month March through December this first year, or 20 credits. It doesn't matter if you wait until November and take a two-day class that gives you all the hours you need. Most EA's that I know wind up taking more hours than are required just to stay on top of everything.

Congratulations, Pacun! I knew you would do it, and I know that it was hard work. As far as your question about the continuing education, you will have to take 2 credits for every month in the first enrollment cycle, but you don't have to take them every month. In other words, if you send in the paperwork now, and you enrollment is approved effective March 20 (assuming the IRS is faster than I would expect them to be), then you would have to take 2 hours for each month March through December this first year, or 20 credits. It doesn't matter if you wait until November and take a two-day class that gives you all the hours you need. Most EA's that I know wind up taking more hours than are required just to stay on top of everything.

Thank you.

But If I wait until October to apply and if I get approved on December 20th, I will be required to take only 2 credit hours, correct?

If I get approved on December 20th, do you know the deadline for me to comply with the 2 credit hours for 2011?