ATX Community

NT birthdays

grandmabee

Have a party anyway! I know someone who has been having an annual party for his 50th birthday for probably close to 20 years now. Not a "18th anniversary of my 50th birthday", but "my 50th birthday", every year.

You don't have to count, but you should celebrate being here -- and even if we don't post a separate topic, we'll celebrate you being here, too!

Thanks Catherine. Some good ideas there. the ageing process is so "distracting". You can feel so young inside (and I do), but the struggle to maintain the frame that holds it all together is pretty frustrating at times. I celebrate being here every day that I wake up.

One of the things that I really loved about studying martial arts was that I could attribute every ache and pain and twinge to "well, that's the block I missed last night", "well, I over-stretched in the warmup", "well, maybe three-finger pushups _are_ a little too much". Now that I'm no longer doing that.... ah, well. But I have found that if I play my fiddle every day (even for 15 minutes) it really helps keep the flexibility and range of motion in my left index finger, where arthritis is trying to stiffen up the knuckle.

In the movie "What's Up Tiger Lily" one of the characters says (in a Peter Lorre voice), "A leetle PPAAIINN never hurt ANYBODY".

laugh.gif

Speaking of age being only as old as you feel reminds me of my Grandmother, who is 95 and has dementia. Everyday when I go to see her you just never know how old she is going to be that day! Some days she says she's 50 or 60; other days she's around 40. The other day she was telling people she was 18! When I tell her that she's 95 she says "Oh my, am I that old"? I just have to smile :)