ATX Community

ATX Consolidation Statement

Beth

Noticed on the my atx page that there is a telephone problem. Thank goodness I've not needed them in the last couple of days but who's to say I won't. Anyway the email back is as bad. I had an email sent to them on Friday before lunch and did not receive an answer until the following Tues. They say they will get back to you in a generic email within 24 hours. That was a joke. I am like you NECPA I've been with them prior to 00' I am going to give them a chance as of know. I'll decide by the renew date if they do something MORE stupid than shutting down live chat and atx board on April 10th.

I sent a polite email to Mr. Gramlich suggesting his "user" base was not as happy as he would be led to imagine.

Just sent an email to Greg also. I hope that he follows up in his blog regarding our emails. I don't believe that it will make any difference to CCH, our disgruntlement that is, but it would be nice to "our side" out in public.

Maribeth

Well, of course CCH thinks that their decision was a good one, and they want to believe that we will like it, too. And MAYBE, after a month or so, when they get all the kinks out, we will like the fact that they can give us longer support hours. But their timing stinks, as usual. They should have either made the move sooner, or not until after tax season. Doing it in LATE DEC is madness. Even the great ATX techs who did move to GA will have to take time to get up to speed in a new location, with a new computer system, etc. Not to mention having to deal with the stress and demands of the move of them and their families, finding homes, getting kids into new schools, etc.

Right now, longer support hours don't seem to have any benefit, given that so many have not even been able to get a call through. And when they do get through, if they get someone who is only familiar with TaxWise, a very different program, they are still out in the cold. We can probably read and understand the KB better than the TaxWise techs can!

Well this is what I would like to think right now......Their tech support needs to be redefined. With support people from both programs are trying to help us CCH should have worked this out much earlier than they did...Maybe things will get better...We all have problems when we first start up...some years more than others....I guess on the days things went pretty good I can think like that....What does tomorrow hold in problems? May we have the strength and wisdom :rolleyes: to accept the things that we can not change and know the difference when we can change them or how ever that saying goes.

Here is the reply I received from Greg LaFollette. I haven't gone to the link yet but I thought I would post it here first.

"I’ve opened that post for comments --- please post them there. http://www.thetechgap.com/2008/01/cch-small-firm.html

I understand your frustration and will continue to encourage CCH and all other vendors to establish and achieve high standards for products and especially for support."

Maribeth

Sorry, I don't know how to make the link blue.

He just posted this on his site right above the article. I encourage everyone to post comments to this article:

NOTE TO ATX USERS: OK, I get that many of you don't agree with Jeff Gramlich's assessment or my subsequent coverage of what appeared to be a fairly mundane business decision. Quit clogging my mailbox and post your comments here --- I'm opening this post to comments now.

That is funny, now lets clog his message board and overwhelm his servers. Maybe we can get some other press about how the ATX user base is revolting against CCH?

I just added my comment. Only took a minute.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I just added a comment as well....We should all let out feelings be known....May not change anything, but will make us feel better!

I added my thoughts. I don't post as much as I should here, but I do appreciate the knowledge you all share so kindly. I am hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst!

Enjoy the weekend!

Hello Mr.Phelan,

I appreciate the knowledge here as well. I really, really do.

I have roughly 2 dozen professionals helping me with my tax return!

Monkeyman