ATX Community

Update 12.9 Hot Fix in process

Lee B

According a recent post in the ATXblog by Kimmie, they have identified what is making the program crash when trying to open a return since the 12.8 update. They have developed and tested the fix and

it is now in Quality Control for stability testing and packaging. See the thread titled "Same Problem Again", find Kimmie's post and follow the link. It was unclear to me whether this fix was intended for network installs only or both standalone & network installs ???

KImmie has now posted that the update, scheduled for 5:00PM EST is for both standalone & networked installs.

There is a scary last line.

"Tech support will not be able to assist with the opening of any returns that have crashed since the 12.8 update" !

At this point, I think we can safely say that "Quality Control" is a misnomer with CCH. I keep envisioning the old airline commercial with gorillas handling the baggage...I think they have those same gorillas programming the product and performing quality control.

Thank goodness my clients come to me for me, and I have a great relationship with them so they have been very understanding during this time of chaos; however, they still have expectations of me to deliver their return timely and every day I have doubts as to whether I can do that using ATX.

Downloading any of the program updates isn't recommended from within the program. The only time I started having issues was when I mistakenly did that. I'm updating forms from in the program, but not program updates. Be sure ATX is shut down before you update too. And reboot your computer after installing even if it doesn't prompt you too.

Well, I might have known it was too good to last. Worked fine all day yesterday except for the drop-down boxes so I didn't install 12.9. I prepared and filed several returns today without issue. SO........tonight I get a reject and cannot get into the return without the program crashing to find out the reason for the reject. I installed 12.9 and rebooted. Got into the return and the reject was because the program had added a dependent that hadn't been on this return for a couple of years; since he finished School. Fortunately, I had filed the son this morning or I would really have a mess. Do we now have to check every return to see if there are some dependents hanging around down there and physically remove them. It was getting too handy to check the box to not take the dependent in certain years. :angry: