ATX Community

program shuts down

sueaustin

That happens when you rename the file on file manager.

Let's say that you have a single male on records. You roll over his return and now he is filing jointly. You do all the work and send the efile. While transferring or getting ready to transfer you realized that return manager lists only his name. You send the efile and then you go to file manager to add the wife name to the file... big mistake. You will have to recreate that file from scratch.

Work around, don't make any corrections.,, NOT EVEN AFTER it has been accepted because next year you might not be able to roll it over or you will not be able to see that file again should the client request an extra copy of the return.

Another work around is to go to 2011 and make the correction there. Open the file and resave it, then roll it over.

i had a similar story...joint 2011 with a deceased husband...rolled over 2011 to 2012...changed everything i could in 2012, i thought...finally had to go to filer info, delete husband info, delete wife info, and move wife info to filer info (date of birth).

i had a similar story...joint 2011 with a deceased husband...rolled over 2011 to 2012...changed everything i could in 2012, i thought...finally had to go to filer info, delete husband info, delete wife info, and move wife info to filer info (date of birth).

Did it work for you? "similar story" to whose?

I have nothing but crashes. Rollovers, to opening. I see another with the rename of the return. I take files to work on at home and when I import back to here, I have to rename it because it comes in as copy. I can't leave multiple files in the program-too many. That explains why i cannot pull up an accepted return to print it and give to client. I will have to reload and force the info so I can provide them with their documents. Programs is still crashing constantly and I am rescheduling clients so I can do conversion to a different program. Cannot take anymore. The clients come in and all I can do is take their information-no active interview possible with the program. This has been catastrophic for me, much less the income losses. If it wasn't for the for help in the forum, I would be completely dead in the water-5 weeks now and still nothing better... Now all of the IRS forms are going to be ready soon and I don't have the files ready to complete...

Since there are many issues with the program, I think I came accross the issue described by the original filer. A return was rejected and I couldn't open it if I hightlight it and then select "show rejection codes". I was able to open the file but as soon as I wanted to see the rejection codes, my program would crash. I had another file rejected and didn't experience that problem. So, I opened it and recreated the state efile and send ti back. Hopefully it will go trough or it will be rejected and I will be able to see the rejection code. I will let you know tomorrow.

There was a reply on the ATX board today from one of the ATX posters that some of the efile related problems were due to

a corrupted efiles rules file. Then they gave instructions for deleting the corrupted contents. What wasn't clear to me ishow long it will be before they have a revision available, since this is part of the program not a form.

There was a reply on the ATX board today from one of the ATX posters that some of the efile related problems were due to

a corrupted efiles rules file. Then they gave instructions for deleting the corrupted contents. What wasn't clear to me ishow long it will be before they have a revision available, since this is part of the program not a form.

Please copy that post and post it here. I refuse to go to the other board. It could help many people. There is a thread in the "Software Issues" forum titled "Take Notes." Post it there please.

I am getting a return that will not open. I processed it last week, e-filed and accepted with no problems. The taxpayer wants to make estimated tax payments. I heard the 1040ES was available, so I tried to open the return. Crashes the program immediately. Can't get the return opened.

This is frikkin ridiculous. Every time I think they might be getting us to a stable place, they make it worse.

Unreal.

Tom

Hollister, CA

man, i always love this board, just wished i would have looked at this post before i changed the name on the return manager. just lost a return i had been working on for awhile because t/p was single and now married...

note to self - read the board and the posts before starting the work day...

back to work.

I did the same thing yesterday...............of course it had to be one that had a lot of information in! uggggg Had to start all over again!

I've changed names in the return manager in prior years and this has never happened! What is going on with the program?