ATX Community

ATX causes blindness

Janitor Bob

It isn't even March yet and I am wrung out. Even when I get to sleep, I wake up with six tax returns dancing in my head. Finally got a girl (client) yesterday to come in and help me with some bookkeeping and filing, etc. Even a couple hours of help is massive at this point. Would never trust anyone to work with this program in my office. I know I have to check everything and now it is causing blindness. Thanks JB for the heads up and the smile.

Joan, anything we can do to help?

Joan

I also have a sick kitty (I thought she was going to die) and a sick puppy (15 1/2 years old and thought she was also dying) not to mention all the other ups and downs that life throws at you. So I can truly sympathize. I calculated this morning that in the past three weeks I've spent about $500 in vet bills not to mention other things I've had to get to care for two senior pets (the cat's 14 1/2 years old).

I can't wait till April 15th :spaz:

My kitty's 21. About $1500 in vet bills this last month-an infected cheek, got better, 3 weeks later another infection-had 5 teeth extracted and was looking chipper, but now the cheek is swollen again and not draining. Just ran to the vet to get pain killer and hope the antibiotics and compresses get that cheek better.

And yes, whenever he starts slowing down, I'm not sure if he's dying or if it's treatable. This last one, still not sure.

We're an aging household-one doggie is at least 11, the other one, who knows-showed up as a stray already pretty old 6 or 7 years ago, and the 'kittens' are all 9.

At least the checks are (slowly) starting to come in.

Wow that's old for a cat. I thought mine was doing good to be 14 1/2 but I can't imagine any small animal living that long. I absolutely love my animals but it kills me to see them sick and in pain. At least for now mine is improving, but last time after two weeks she had a relapse, waiting till Friday to see if we get past it this time.!

Deb!

Our Siamese kitten who grew up with our boys lived to be 22 before she died of feline leukemia. The next one we had for fifteen years and because she was a stray, we don't know how old she was. We had to put her down because of kidney failure. My husband said "Never again!!!!!!!!!!!" and I held out for about a year and started looking. A beautiful Calico put her hex on me at the Humane Society and he finally gave in. Annie has now been with us for about five years and is spoiled beyond words. BUT, we saved her life and she is probably saving ours. IN addition, she thinks that we built this office addition just for her. She also lays claim to all of our Real Estate as well as our hearts.

I'm not getting any thing done, just sitting on the couch with a stoned kitty. He ate a little. He's very thin, and has kidney disease, pancreas problems, and now this infection. I've had him since he was born, and he's the only constant in my life all that time. Just got a bit of a purr out of him.

I hope that all of your pets recover. Tax season is hard enough and your pets will always love you and make you feel better. Our kitty is 19 and we give him sub Q iv's twice a week. We will increase it as necessary. We gave up on the kidney function food because he hated it. Now he eats what he wants as long as it isn't dry food. I just wish that he would sleep through the night, because his insomnia is making my insomnia worse. His idea of fun is to scream at least every hour starting at three or four for somebody to wake up and go to the kitchen with him and watch him eat. He is totally spoiled, but we love him like crazy. My son may be going to Alaska to fly for a small airline for the summer and he is scared to death that his buddy will be gone when he gets back.

My Smokey is approx 15 years (not sure because adopted her as a stray 11+ years ago)...has had some teeth removed and is now having kidney issues. I just appreciate what time I do have left with her and hope that she has many more years. When she she does leave my life in body (never spirit), it is gonna hurt...a lot.

I didn't work at all last night; just sat with him on my lap. Got fluids in him this morning and a lot of pus out of his cheek. Hope I can get some food in him today. Have to work today, too many returns to do.

They are so small and helpless and we love them to death. It just breaks ones heart.

That's my little buddy in my picture. He comes to work with me every day and is laying on my desk right now - on someone's papers. He peed on a couple of w-2s when he was little, and peed on a couple clients too. But now he's better at letting me know we have to go for a walk. Which gives me an excuse to get out of the office every few hours. I'm spoiled. Not too many people can bring their dog to work with them.

• Like 2

Isn't it amazing how they think they own your office. They always have to be lying on the paperwork that you need at the moment and putting their scent on everything. Last thing before bed every night, my Annie has to check the office out. OR, if I work too late she comes and keeps nudging my back to let me know that (in her mind) it is time to quit. I'll never be without a cat again.

• Like 1

The pups are adorable, indeed! But how are they at paper weights like the kitties? I guess they have other specialized skills to earn their keep like being just cute and totally without judgment - pure love. Dogs have owners but cats have staff so I'm not sure if my cats are my staff or I am their staff, waiting on them constantly and replacing the perfectly good food that has been spurned for unknown reasons.

I do miss puppies and have only granddogs now. After 60+ years of dog ownership, the last passed a few years ago and we decided to stick with cats now as we can go away for a weekend without a kennel. Still love dogs, though...