ATX Community

ATTENTION VISIT SOFTWARE ISSUE FORUM PLEASE READ

ILLMAS

The good people here on the forum created special forum to talk about current software issues, so please don't forget to visit it and post any problems you are having, also if you are able to resolve a problem via technical support or on your own, please take notes and pass it on to others who aren't so lucky to get through technical support.

Forum Link: http://www.atxcommunity.com/forum/10-software-issues/

Thank you,

MAS

My eyes! My eyes!

Seriously though, I am holding off on 12.10 because look what they are saying over there. I'm like, what do I to do? As long as I'm getting returns done, I can live with this version till they force me to update. Am I just a chicken? Yes, but a live chicken is better than a dead duck.

And, I actually ran over a duck yesterday, so I know this. Was driving too fast, snow on the road. I thought it was a bird and would fly away. The only thing flying when I looked in the rearview mirror was feathers... I felt soooo bad...

• Like 1

I was worried about 12.10 too, but I've had no complete returns uncheck, the FAM is automatically calculating prior depreciation correctly for new clients as I enter their assets - this was a freaking pleasant enhancement surprise to say the least - and the program and returns are opening faster, as is the print manager.

I took the advice on the other board: downloaded, rebooted computer, ran update, rebooted computer.

• Like 1

Is it me, or does it seem that we on this board are having on easier time with the downloads? Well, except for 12.8, which KILLED me. When I read on HERE, I am tempted to download 12.10 on the XP computer, where the program is sluggish. Everything else is lightning speed on Old Nellie, so I'm not putting her out to pasture. BUT, when I read over THERE, the temptation to touch 12.10 with a 12 foot pole magically vanishes.

Yeah, and I think we are all reading first and downloading second. Which means we are doing the downloads correctly, and we look for workarounds before calling tech support.

Those of us that were on the old ATX board that was shut down were used to going to the board for answers-and have been doing so and helping each other for the last 10 years.

The large amount of idiots tax 'professionals' on the other board who cant even read a pinned topic in bold all cap at the top of a page before whining are the reason the phone lines are plugged up.

• Like 4

And I believe that most of us really try to find an answer to our problem first before jumping on this board or the other board to berate ATX or the Pope or whoever for making the software different this year. Some of the questions on the other board could have easily been answered by the poster if they had simply looked at the manual or help or gone ahead and clicked on a button to see what it would do.

imho

Maribeth

• Like 1

Reading some of the posts over there on the official forum is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. A lot of those users live by the philosophy that they don't need to know about tax law, that's what the program is for. :wall:

This is so true. I actually get a headache when I go over there and try to make sense of what they are asking. It is pretty useless to try to help them as by the time they think about looking for some advice; it is buried in the deep, deep pile of complaints.

And half the complaints are the same thing complained about by 50 different people on 50 different threads, commented on by the same 50 people 100 different times. The other half of the complaints are things that are functioning correctly in the software, but they're too dumb to know it.

• Like 2

Maybe the program is working for some, however it is not working here. It is better than a month ago but still pauses between each entry, takes a full minute or better tocreate e-file and 3 to4 minutes to populate print screen (whee you select the forms/docs to be printed). FAM stalls on any new asset. I could go on. Had 5 years of back taxes for a client. Did 4 in less than an hour, Get to 2012 took a good hour. Making for a long and non productive tax season.